1 2
JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/4/14 10:03 a.m.

Fly and drive boys and girls. Half the fun of owning is driving so what better way to get to know your new car and have an adventure than to drive it home. Where he's at in PA to Atlanta is a day trip.

NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/4/14 10:09 a.m.

I'm considering driving it 550 miles to make a trade. It will make such a trip, but it will not be comfortable- this thing isn't exactly built for highway cruising.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/4/14 10:17 a.m.
NONACK wrote: I'm considering driving it 550 miles to make a trade. It will make such a trip, but it will not be comfortable- this thing isn't exactly built for highway cruising.

I can confirm that. My '82 wagon had basically the same drivetrain. The lack of an o/d 5th made hwy driving tiresome. I still remember driving it from Philly to Sarasota, FL and back in 1989, not wanting to put the miles on the family '85 Subaru. And that was back when the national speed limit was still 55. It'll do it, but at modern hwy speeds it'll be screaming in the right lane.

Cooter
Cooter Reader
12/4/14 11:10 a.m.

In reply to JThw8:

Ain't that the truth.

I just drove this back from Hesperia, CA after a Fly/Bus/Bus/Bus. Over 2K miles, and a Most Excellent Adventure.

photo 11E7EE6B-orig_zpsfebb84f01_zpsb7547556.jpg

If I was more flush, I would take the Grey Dog out there and drive that Brat back to Chicago on the back roads...

NONACK
NONACK HalfDork
12/5/14 12:32 p.m.

Sale pending

racnmni
racnmni New Reader
12/5/14 6:48 p.m.

Thank God. I keep looking at this, and hoping it will go away before I do something stupid. I'm only an hour away...

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
12/5/14 7:38 p.m.
NONACK wrote: I'm considering driving it 550 miles to make a trade. It will make such a trip, but it will not be comfortable- this thing isn't exactly built for highway cruising.

Its a nimble little 4WD car, why would you take the highway?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WEWiLkCuGbsMqMvNDNPatV7rKyb1pWQGR9OKizfedAsJV0y6lFHNbmLyZdgHIbL6