Brotus7
Brotus7 New Reader
10/23/08 1:29 p.m.

Posting for my brother, but I'll answer any questions.

Its time to say goodbye to the trusty old E30. 253,000 miles on it. 5speed, 2.79LSD, Parts Car Only. This car seems to have every option available at the time of production. This car is no longer roadworthy. In typical New England fashion, the cancer of rust has taken over. The chassis itself is not sound enough to have this car be put back on the road. As such, I am offering it as an entire parts car. I would rather just have this vehicle be gone and let someone else part it out.

Motor: Consumes 1quart of 15/40 every 2000 miles. Changed oil every 6 weeks/3000 miles. (I did a lot of highway driving commuting back and forth to school). Rings are tired. Engine does run, but car has a massive fuel leak that appeared this morning when I took it off the jacks. Needs a new fan clutch, this is stuck fully engaged.

Trani: 5 Speed. Makes noise in first gear, like its a rapping noise. No idea, synchro perhaps. Didn't affect the drivability.

Differential: 2.79 LSD. Clutches are worn, but it does make the car drivable in the snow.

Body: Cosmos Blue. Clearcoat on hood no longer exists. Rust on bottem of doors, fenders. Rocker Panels are shot. Trunk lid has a small rusted area which may be savable. Right front corner of car has minor damage from where I bounced off a Mazda pickup some years ago. Door glass, power mirrors are all good.

Interior: Beige, leather. By far the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. Drivers side seat is tired in the bolsters, seams, and leather needs patching. Back seat is perfectly fine. Passenger seat is ok. A problem though, this car has had a massive water leak. As such, there are minor mold issues on some surfaces. The mold is a greenish mold that seems almost like pollen. It is easily brushed off. Dash is crack free.

Electrics: Switches, motors, instrument cluster all work. The wiper motor was installed this past winter, and is a brand new Bosch unit. SI Board is questionable to say the least. The light on the OBC doesn't work, and sometimes the OBC would randomly reset itself. Taillights are in excellent shape. Fuel pumps all work, alternator is good, all engine electronics are in working order. Cruise never worked. I never bothered to figure out what was up with this.

Suspension: Replaced the front end about 15-20k ago. I can't exactly remember. New Control arms, ball joints, and bushings. Tie Rod ends were replaced in 2005 at 200k. Right Rear spring is broken at bottem of the coil.

Brakes: They're brakes. I was never 100% convinced the back brakes were working at 100%. The brake pedal was always hard. Regardless, the car does stop. The rotors are covered in rust. I drove this car daily up until this past May, which is when I left for my deployment overseas.

First person with $200 cash picks it up.

http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/philakamrbean/BMW%20E30/?start=all

It does have wheels on it, so it will roll right on to a trailer.

Brotus7
Brotus7 New Reader
10/26/08 7:40 p.m.

A little more than a week to go before it's off to the crusher, anybody need this thing? It's worth more in scrap than we're asking.

BABE? Lemons?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y80wsOoxfMlYC1oInV1eGk5IBVdlkiC8pXaerL7RTsDEM80FkwdEds7L9BZ1ROx0