1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/29/19 7:03 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Small block S10 would be incredibly period correct. There were 3 at my high school and it wasn't a big high school. Two of them were 305's but they still made good noise and could smoke the E36 M3 out of one rear tire. 

I happen to have this sitting on the side of my house...  there is an lt1 in my garage.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/29/19 7:22 p.m.
white_fly said:
vwcorvette said:
n8 said:

Early C4 Corvettes are awfully unloved and squarely in Radwood territory. Just don’t forget some tacky period correct body accessories or billet wheels. 

Gotti rims FTW!

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/dacula-corvette-1986/6994779412.html

Just saying...

OH. MY. WORD. But are those the ARE copies? Don't care. Take my money!

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/29/19 7:29 p.m.
pimpm3 said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Small block S10 would be incredibly period correct. There were 3 at my high school and it wasn't a big high school. Two of them were 305's but they still made good noise and could smoke the E36 M3 out of one rear tire. 

I happen to have this sitting on the side of my house...  there is an lt1 in my garage.

I have the Safari I put the SBC in for the van class that never made it to the challenge two years ago. With Corvette Sawblades. Oh yeah it's teal! I now have the lowering kit too. Hmmmm?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/29/19 7:53 p.m.
Stampie said:

I'm ok with slicks but I do feel engine swap should be period correct. 

I have a 454 sitting in my garage I'm probably not going to use...

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/29/19 7:57 p.m.
vwcorvette said:
pimpm3 said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I have the Safari I put the SBC in for the van class that never made it to the challenge two years ago. With Corvette Sawblades. Oh yeah it's teal! I now have the lowering kit too. Hmmmm?

Only if you put a ton of sub woofers in it!

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/30/19 7:36 a.m.

In reply to E_NinjA :

Why swap? The C32A engine is a de-tuned version of the C30 in the NSX. Swap the ECU (megasquirt) and put a turbo on it.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/30/19 7:47 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Haha! The H series would have been the engine of choice for a drag CRX at that point, but they came out in 93. The d16a6 from the si would have been the easy button, with the d16zc as a close second. 

When Chinese turbos and beefier rods came to market in the 00's they really changed the hp per dollar of the d-series. Turbos and rods were both available in the radwood era, but I don't think a popular choice. 

Hoping to see a lot of Honda EFs next year-happy to share my parts list with anybody that wants it.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/30/19 8:07 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

I built an EF a few years back with a b18 swap.  It would be perfect for radwood.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/30/19 8:22 a.m.

FYI, Rangers had a 2.0 OHC Lima from 83-88, then became the regular old 2.3 Lima. The 2.0 was just a small bore 2.3.

V8 swaps appended but they were EXPENSIVE, mostly headers. You couldn't get $130 Tri-y's back then, they were $400. Unless you bought the Kaufman Products full length ones for $700.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/19 8:32 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

2 things:

1.  i didn't know that civic was yours.  you've brought some really nice cars to the challenge over the years.

2.  the S10 is almost Radwood ready.  just needs a crooked license plate sunk into the tailgate (off-center, of course) and a teal "heartbeat" stripe outlined in pink.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/30/19 9:20 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

1.  Thanks I appreciate it!  I put a link to each build here. 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/please-link-your-2000-challenge-build-here/144111/page1/

2.  And an lt1 t56 combo...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/19 9:40 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

and a rolled rear pan...

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/30/19 9:51 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

With C4 taillights...

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
10/30/19 10:06 a.m.

In reply to slowbird and Angry?Corvair :

And cut to top to make it a convertible and fab up a dancing bed kit.....

-Rob

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
10/30/19 12:33 p.m.

If anybody within an hour of Indy wants to make a go at the radwood class next year hit me up.  I think I'd rather help out with an entry instead of trying to finance my own.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/30/19 12:49 p.m.
minivan_racer said:

If anybody within an hour of Indy wants to make a go at the radwood class next year hit me up.  I think I'd rather help out with an entry instead of trying to finance my own.

You need to hook up with Gumby.  He's building a "Turbo Coupe" body style, but I think with an engine swap of some sort.

Send me a PM and I'll give you his number.  That is, if he doesn't stop in here to do it himself first.  I know he's excited about this new sub-class.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/19 1:07 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Excited is an understatement he was texting me all morning

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/30/19 1:11 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Excited is an understatement he was texting me all morning

I feel left out. 

He didn't text me until this afternoon.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/30/19 4:36 p.m.

In reply to Patrick & Indy-Guy :

Damnit, I gotta work on my poker face apparently.....

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/30/19 6:21 p.m.

You know, I have a stack of Max Power magazines....

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/30/19 6:23 p.m.

No LS swap in my RX7 crying

guess I could go 350 for next year, same transmission and driveshaft will work. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
10/30/19 6:24 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

L98s for everyone!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/30/19 6:27 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

You know, I have a stack of Max Power magazines....

Are those the ones with boobs in them? 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
10/30/19 6:29 p.m.
gumby said:

In reply to Patrick & Indy-Guy :

Damnit, I gotta work on my poker face apparently.....

Do you still live in Camby? 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/30/19 7:04 p.m.

Back in the day I worked for a Zender W/D and I still have my master catalog:

"Foreign cars," too.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qiHiOmc53R1sLjFGipNhyHWzj23mTZ1mDvoISQ8WOBWPqLebVUVq6AuQIU67Y1U2