Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/24/09 12:07 p.m.

I've gotten a "few" additions to the fleet lately and I need to clear out some of the projects/I'm gonna fix that someday cars. That and I found a heck of a deal on another project I gotta free up some cash for. So fire sale time.

92 Pontiac Bonneville SE 280k miles I think, I think the crank position sensor went out on it, decent car, needs tires and some minor work. (ac and crank sensor it would be a GREAT daily) Motor was babied, bought from an older lady, got a folder FULL of receipts for work/service. 300.00 make it go away

94 Grand Cherokee 318 auto full time 4x4 15mpg period. Needs a driver door and a load of TLC. For some reason it didn't want to run worth a snot after it warmed up. I was told it's prob a coil problem. That and the trans didn't like to shift. 500.00obo Newer trans case with 88k miles on it, I saw the truck it came out of my cousin worked for the recycling yard it was in 350. on it's own.

79 SA rx7 I've got about 300 into it, I'll let it go for that, needs a carb, a hood, exhaust, and tires. No rust other than the hood, it has 13x7 or 8 western racing wheels on it, painted to match the car, weigh in at 13lbs each panasport lookalikes. Was going to be my challenge car, but I've moved up to a FC for same price. I've gotta check but I think it's a 5 speed car as well. Been awhile since I've really looked at it.

92 sundance, 2.5 auto, runs and drives, needs tires from sitting so long and a battery. 4 door. Make an offer on it. Body is in good shape minus the trim/door guards that fell off due to the florida heat.

I think that's it for the moment, lemme know if anyone needs pics or wants more info on em. Need em gone ASAP! Located in Gainesville, FL

Gene

Spinout007
10/24/09 6:24 p.m.

Just got done poking around the 7, it is a 5 speed car. Which if I remember the article in GRM that makes it a limited or special edition. Maybe 300 is too low, oh well already said, can't take it back. Would love to see it running again.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
10/24/09 6:30 p.m.

How long can you hold the 7 for?

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
10/24/09 7:37 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: How long can you hold the 7 for?

If it helps, I can store it here at my house in Atlanta. I can pick it up for some cash, too. Just thought I'd throw it out there; I got laid off two nights ago.

-Les

Spinout007
10/24/09 7:56 p.m.
fastasleep wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: How long can you hold the 7 for?
If it helps, I can store it here at my house in Atlanta. I can pick it up for some cash, too. Just thought I'd throw it out there; I got laid off two nights ago. -Les

With cash in hand I can hold it as long as you need, we live out in the country, so getting them out of the yard isn't as important to my wife as much as "how many cars do you really need?" So if it's not mine, I can easily say, it's just taking up space till he get's here to pick it up. You know how these challenge guys are, sooner or later they'll be here to grab it. (she's been to the last three)

Les, I'm really sorry to hear about the layoff, that sucks man.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/24/09 8:16 p.m.

i'd like pics of the rx7, i'm coming down that way in december and january

Spinout007
10/24/09 8:23 p.m.

I'll pull it out in the morning, and get some pics up tomorrow sometime.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
10/24/09 9:09 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote:

Les, I'm really sorry to hear about the layoff, that sucks man.

No biggie. I have never had a problem getting (or holding) a good job. It is just that this change came at their best time, not mine.

-Les

Spinout007
10/25/09 5:43 p.m.

Guys, sorry bout the delay but I didn't get pic's today. I'll snag em tomorrow after work and post em. My camera is in my wife's truck. She gets home long after I goto bed to be up at 3am

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Reader
10/25/09 8:57 p.m.

Yeah I would also like to see this RX-7. As if I need another RX-7 of any car for that matter.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
10/27/09 7:37 a.m.
Greg Voth wrote: Yeah I would also like to see this RX-7. As if I need another RX-7 of any car for that matter.

I can not more accurately state it than this.

Spinout007
10/28/09 11:37 a.m.

ok guys sorry about the long wait, family stuff came up monday and I ended up having to have some emergency oral surgery yesterday, hence I'm home from work "recouperating", more like stumbling around in a haze on pain killers. Anyway, here they are. I'll get the tractor out later and pick it up if you want pics from underneath the car, like I said only rust I've found in the car, is the hood, and I remember seeing some starting on the corner of the wheel well when I picked up with the tractor to move it down to my place from my parents, couldn't find it this morning when I looked again, but I remember seeing that some had started on a corner, nothing bad, I was able to rub it off with my fingers.

The hood, as I said it's shot, was that way when I bought it, tried to hit it with some primer to stop it but it kept going.

Underside of the hood, I told you it was bad.

Rubber hangers broke, I think while the PO was driving, one of the exhaust tubes is bent backwards and trashed, I think that's why it was parked.

Rear shot, I shaved all the emblem except for the rotary engine badge. That's paint peeling, I've never seen paint "peel" like that, I guess it's the laquered paint used in the 70's?

passenger side, the dark spots are where it's dirty, not rust, it's been sitting under a pine tree for awhile.

Driver side.

engine bay, when I got the car, I could only get it to run by putting a screwdriver down the carb bores and then it would only run if I kept it over 4000rpm, so I pulled the top of the carb off, primary float was falling apart, replaced the floats and then realized I wasn't getting fuel to the primary bowl as well, so I started to pull the carb off and replace it. that's as far as I got. Front tires still hold air, not sure about the rears, haven't tried to put air in them as of right now. Was going to be my challenge car a few years ago, just got sidetracked by other projects.

If the image imbed doesn't work try this

Oh yeah, the big blue box is in the drivers seat atm, dash is all cracked up, as well as a few extra carbs, also parts to a carb rebuild kit. I'll get some pics of the interior later if you want them, as I said, no carpet in the front, dash cracked, drivers seat, trashed, passenger seat is decent. I have a matching 5th wheel, just not painted to match, raw aluminum. Any other questions? Also have most of the rubber trim pieces, I just removed them as I was going to fill the holes in the bumpers to smooth the lines some.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Reader
10/29/09 8:16 p.m.

I like it. Especially want the rims but I have a feeling I would be castrated if I actually brought a 4th RX-7 to our two car garage, small yarded home. We have the three RX-7s, a 5.0 Mustang, my company Fusion, and the Subaru. Four of those are "my projects"

If you start to part it out let me know.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/29/09 8:51 p.m.

while the wheels almost justify it, i can't quite pull off dragging the trailer down to florida with me for that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2qdztW7DiOrImupBF8LnJSnaboJ78QCmewC7G3nvBHq5O1O5ZXlJFLEGauCsl7wR