1 2 3
WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/28/17 6:54 a.m.

Or cad monkey with access to a vinyl cutter at the time :) One of the two :)

mfvmx
mfvmx GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/28/17 8:32 a.m.

It's ok guys I went through 7 pages of marks old posts to find this old for sale thread that still has no pictures and some expired CL links https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/201x-classifieds/open-trailer-mine/122850/page1/ P.S. Can't/won't open facebook at work so I guess I'll never know what it looks like.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/28/17 8:37 a.m.

Even though I hate CL that's probably the easiest way to put pics up. Really, 7 pages. Damn didn't think it had been that long. It sure was handy in the move. She hauled both bugeyes, the tj, the RR, the diesel tractor....

Datsun1500
Datsun1500 New Reader
3/28/17 9:04 a.m.

If you look through that old thread, it's pretty much this one but more. Mark wondering why its not selling then arguing when people tell him why its not selling.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/28/17 10:11 a.m.

CL ad: https://baltimore.craigslist.org/tro/6063673922.html

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/28/17 10:12 a.m.

As usual, I can't remember how to create a linky

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/28/17 10:20 a.m.
markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/28/17 10:31 a.m.

Thanks hobiercr!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/28/17 11:27 a.m.

Finally.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
3/28/17 12:45 p.m.

That "thing" in front of the Toolbox is a point (trailer hitch) to mount a temp 2nd winch.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/31/17 7:26 p.m.

Dam. I wish you were closer. That lookes very nice for the $$$$

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/1/17 7:33 a.m.

How far away are you?

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/6/17 8:37 a.m.

Bump

MDJeepGuy
MDJeepGuy Reader
4/6/17 10:13 a.m.
markwemple wrote: Bump
markwemple wrote: Yeah, placing an ad on FB, CL, Offerup, letgo and the others is easier with your phone than a computer. I've actually had a ton of responses on FB and a lot of people come by in the little over a day it's been on there. 3 more coming today, so far.

What happened to all of the people coming to buy it? You cant seriously be wondering why it still hasnt sold.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/6/17 10:48 a.m.

You obviously haven't had the joy of selling something on CL. Please do not post on any of my threads unless you intend to be constructive and polite.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/6/17 11:55 a.m.

LOL.

. . . something about a pot and a kettle ?

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/6/17 12:32 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy:

My thread so, yeah....

MDJeepGuy
MDJeepGuy Reader
4/6/17 12:35 p.m.
markwemple wrote: You obviously haven't had the joy of selling something on CL. Please do not post on any of my threads unless you intend to be constructive and polite.

I've sold a lot on CL. I post photos and a description of what I am selling though, you know the same constructive feedback we were giving here.

MDJeepGuy
MDJeepGuy Reader
4/6/17 12:41 p.m.
markwemple wrote: Oh, and with FB, I'm keeping close to the 1500 asking price. Having about 2k in a trailer and listing it for 1250, you'd think people wouldn't be snarky.

How do we know it's a $2k trailer? I'll bet you'd take less than the $1500 now. Like I said earlier, I am in the market, have a truck, and live 20 miles from you. You just made it not worth the hassle.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/6/17 12:53 p.m.
MDJeepGuy wrote:
markwemple wrote: Oh, and with FB, I'm keeping close to the 1500 asking price. Having about 2k in a trailer and listing it for 1250, you'd think people wouldn't be snarky.
How do we know it's a $2k trailer? I'll bet you'd take less than the $1500 now. Like I said earlier, I am in the market, have a truck, and live 20 miles from you. You just made it not worth the hassle.

According to the title of the thread, he'll take $1,250.

He's posted a lot of information about the trailer, just not all in one place. And the pictures still suck.

From the craigslist ad:

Steel with 1/4" diamond plate steel deck. 2 axles, 1 with electric brakes. 4 almost new tires, spare almost new. (all have less than 1000 miles) Full deck. About 18-19 feet long with about 12.5 foot deck. Has tired 2500 lb harbor freight winch that needs work (hook broke off). Front tool box set up for battery. Charged while you're running the tow vehicle. 6 bolt chevy pattern 15 inch wheels. Title says rated for 10,000#s. With the current tires ~7800#s. Deck is about 12.5 feet. 7' 8" wide and 6'3" between the fenders. 2 wheel electric brakes. Have ramps (aluminum) and extra wood ramps for unloading my race car. Had it completely rewired ~2 years ago. New lugs and nuts at the same time.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/6/17 1:06 p.m.

Yeah, special price to GRM and spec7 guys. Many here are budget racers so I hoped it would help someone. Over the past few months I've been really busy and that hasn't helped. Just figured if someone was serious they'd be ok with getting pics sent and questions answered. Go figure.

MDJeepGuy
MDJeepGuy Reader
4/6/17 1:15 p.m.

I'll try buying it like you tried selling it.

I will offer you some money, PM for the amount

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/6/17 1:35 p.m.

Troll

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/6/17 1:40 p.m.

Not a Troll. WAS a REAL, potential buyer. Until you E36 M3 on him early on in this thread ......

This seems relavent:

Read Kieth's comments.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/6/17 2:05 p.m.

Only if you believe him from the beginning. As I said, I believe if someone was serious, they would ask, not act like an asshat. But then, that's my opinion. And FWIW, maybe a good way of weeding out the asshats which I would rather not deal with. Being a lawyer, I deal with enough asshats during the day. Don't need them on nights and weekends too. (Further, I don't believe he was truly in the market)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j00zlVlBqkxGUb8mINegEpn6Bc0PeaEqHCfyh6Fn80r0dOdIs5TIXR5aTU3rW9Ml