temick
temick New Reader
8/13/21 3:19 p.m.

If I buy a bunch of parts but don't use any of the original purchase parts can I still trade away everything for the stuff I need?

so basically I bought some headers, 1 shock, struck tower brace, header/cat and stainless pipe for $250. going to sell the headers for cash and a clutch kit. So how does that affect my budget. I know I can only recover 250.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/13/21 3:22 p.m.

If it isn't on the car, it doesn't count towards budget.

If you use parts from that lot on the car, then you have to do some figuring.  So, are you using any of the parts?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/21 3:31 p.m.

sure, in your example if you use the clutch kit on your challenge car but you also got cash in the deal, then you have 1 shock, struck tower brace, header/cat and stainless pipe (and a clutch kit) and all of that hits your budget at $250 (and any cash can be recouped but applies to your recoup limit). 

temick
temick New Reader
8/13/21 3:45 p.m.

So far if I'm lucky I'll be able to recoup all of my parts. Then I'll be in this mustang at $500. But I bought that damn 4.6 for a PI head swap and that damn thing is locked up tight. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/21 5:52 p.m.

So you're trading a part from the parts lot that you purchased, plus cash towards a clutch kit. 

Nothing else from that parts lot counts towards Challenge or recoup. Only what you used to acquire that clutch kit. Plus whatever cash you threw in. 

So You would need to provide the total amount that you spent for that parts lot photos of the parts so condition could be reviewed and then what percentage of the part you traded towards the clutch would be decided upon. You would take that percentage of the purchase price of the parts lot multiply it by the cost of the parts lot and that plus the amount that you added to pay for the clutch is the value of the clutch on your challenge car. 

Or if you're trading the headers from your parts lot for clutch and getting cash in addition to the clutch. You would again do the percentages to figure the value of the headers, and the dollar amount that you got in addition to the clutch would go back towards recoup. 

temick
temick New Reader
8/13/21 9:47 p.m.

Motor swap?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rBaeBe13RA6KEuNnOQ9GcN6zuvhn0MkF7GnP1BWSXtjgSXwpSvwVpDbV96WntoRD