http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4412503396.html

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/11/14 1:32 p.m.

DAMMIT i want that.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
4/11/14 2:10 p.m.

I test drove one of those in 1996. An exhaust heat shield was making a terrible noise, but otherwise the car was nice. The dealership promised to fix it and I told them I'd probably come back, but the next car I looked at was an '89 MX6 GT...

This led to some speeding tickets and a license revocation, which 6 year later preventing me from getting a job driving a NAPA delivery truck. So I ended up working at Panera Bread, where I met my wife.

My entire life would have been different if not for that loose Celica exhaust shield.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/11/14 2:16 p.m.

I have ideas of putting a 2.2 "5sge" stroker in that, run on megasquirt, nice intake/header/exhaust setup. Buy KSport coilovers, send off to FEAL to be reworked.

Enjoy awesome daily/backroad burner.

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
4/11/14 8:30 p.m.

Paint is sunfaded. A clean looking interior is not worth $1500, though.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/15/14 9:08 a.m.
JamesMcD wrote: I test drove one of those in 1996. An exhaust heat shield was making a terrible noise, but otherwise the car was nice. The dealership promised to fix it and I told them I'd probably come back, but the next car I looked at was an '89 MX6 GT... This led to some speeding tickets and a license revocation, which 6 year later preventing me from getting a job driving a NAPA delivery truck. So I ended up working at Panera Bread, where I met my wife. My entire life would have been different if not for that loose Celica exhaust shield.

Epic story, I love it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Op1VSszNuGXmYz3ud70BF4hhYF8RNqNcUqbiWFL0GVhj1SfmCmFshsxIMRDE8TQE