speedgeek93
speedgeek93
8/24/13 10:53 a.m.

87 MR2 NA hardtop and suspension parts for sale.

See craigslist post below.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/4022668101.html

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
8/24/13 11:31 a.m.

Contacting you.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
8/24/13 11:49 a.m.

I'm interested in parts, after Matt of course. Emailed through the CL listing.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
8/24/13 12:10 p.m.

Jerry, if I end up with it I'll get in touch with you. I know you're shopping for suspension and some of this stuff might come in handy.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
8/24/13 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Matt B:

Thanks! Glancing at the ad I saw a few different things that are relevant to my interests.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
8/24/13 8:27 p.m.

Christmas came early...

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
8/25/13 4:51 p.m.

My email through CL bounced back today:

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host mxi4p.craigslist.org [208.82.236.83]: 554 [04E7086B-4836-4876-8408-7812F7557BC7] sta-204-188-100-60.rockynet.com [204.188.100.60] Please use smtp relay of your ISP or setup non-generic DNS. See: http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/generic_DNS

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/25/13 7:52 p.m.

Put me in line for suspension stuff if everyone above falls through.

Whats the price for the steering wheel and adapter?

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
8/27/13 8:06 a.m.

In reply to Matt B:

Did you get ahold of him? He emailed me from here about the bounced CL message, I told him you were trying first...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/27/13 10:29 a.m.

I sent him an email hopefully he gets it.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
8/28/13 12:47 p.m.

Sorry for the late reply - yeah, he got back with me but I'm also trying to get just the parts. He's holding out for a while longer to get rid of the car too.

I just don't have the room for the car or a tow vehicle. If someone does, I'd be happy to buy the whole shebang and donate the vehicle to whomever does the towing. There's plenty of money to be made parting it out and scrapping the shell.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/30/13 9:49 a.m.

Wow, I TOTALLY missed that this was local to me. If I were certain that I could fit the MR2 into the storage unit alongside my project El Camino, I'd totally take you up on that Matt B- I've been wanting one for either a Challenge car base, an electric conversion base, or just to have to play with as a fun little runabout. If I weren't in the middle of trying to sell my house and buy a new one and thus being much more careful with finances I'd likely be trying to jump in and buy everything...

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
8/30/13 9:57 a.m.

Damn, so close. Know anybody else in the area that might want the car? For free?

Ashyukun
8/30/13 10:30 a.m.
Matt B wrote: Damn, so close. Know anybody else in the area that might want the car? For free?

Actually, I think I'll say damn the torpedos and take it- I just talked with the guy who owns the storage place and if I can't fit both cars into the unit he's OK with me keeping the MR2 in the parking lot for a while until I can work out where else to put it. The storage unit is 14 feet wide, so a fifth-gen Elky and an AW11 MIGHT fit, but I'd be climbing over one of them to get to the other side, but I can try and make it work. I emailed you with my number a little ways back- hit me up over email or text so we can work things out.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
8/30/13 10:35 a.m.

Frickin sweet! I'll get in touch with you.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
8/30/13 11:46 a.m.

In reply to Matt B:

Don't forget meeeeee! I can haz suspension bits?

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
8/30/13 12:04 p.m.

Hehe - no worries Jerry. If this goes down, those Tokicos have your name on them, plus the GC springs/sleeves if you're interested. I'd like to know more about the swaybars before I make a decision on those though. I'm still running the stock bars and I wouldn't mind at least trying them out for a couple of autocrosses.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
8/30/13 12:08 p.m.

I have a completely stock suspension for whatever an 87 consists of. Pretty much open to anything at this point, and already know it includes shocks/struts and bushings at least. Sweet.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
9/3/13 8:24 a.m.

Update - unfortunately the car & parts sold by the time he got my email. Bummer dudes.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/3/13 9:12 a.m.

Well crappity crap.

Ashyukun
9/4/13 9:27 a.m.

Darn.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
9/4/13 10:08 a.m.

Note to self - when amazing deals pop up, rent U-haul and trailer, THEN figure out what to do with the car I don't want/need.

Early on I had actually considered just grabbing everything and taking the car to scrapper before heading back to Atlanta. However, I just hate the thought of that since most of them simply get crushed.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/4/13 10:31 a.m.

I considered buying it all, loading the parts into the Scion, and rolling the MR2 to the street with a "free to good home" sign.

Ashyukun
9/5/13 9:15 a.m.

Wish I'd realized where this was sooner so we potentially could have gotten it.

Powar
Powar Dork
9/5/13 9:24 a.m.
Ashyukun wrote: Wish I'd realized where this was sooner so we potentially could have gotten it.

No kidding. I'd have offered my truck and dolly to help get it out of there if I got to keep the car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I4gQgB6qplCNFHMce1gwt27ftj6XEi7XbYmKz802DMrOcu6tIKsNrXAJATnGCme9