bondracer7
bondracer7 New Reader
10/21/12 3:45 p.m.

My son's car. Was turbo'd but got side swiped. Was going to make it into a Chumpcar but lost interest. It is now back to a stock 1.6 with a stock ecu. 5 speed no syncro issues at 182K miles. Zero offset wheels with flares. Car is pretty reamed out inside and out...would make a great Chumpcar/Lemons build.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/3355012350.html

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/12 8:27 p.m.

Edit: sorry that was a bit harsh. I apologize. Might have a left quarter in a month or so if anyone is looking to try and rebuild it. Door too!

chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli
10/21/12 9:35 p.m.

I'm a Houston autocross guy, looking for a good project car. I'm definitely interested, but there's no denying the "fixer-upper" aspect. Body work, paint, engine rebuild, top replacement.

Couple questions:

• Is the frame damage purely external? Meaning if it gets a pre-cut roll cage, should we expect it to fit up?

• Can you tell us about the damage to the rear end?

• Do you have the cat, rear panel, dash pieces, airbag, PS, etc?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
10/21/12 10:41 p.m.
bondracer7 wrote: My son's car. Was turbo'd but got side swiped. Was going to make it into a Chumpcar but lost interest. It is now back to a stock 1.6 with a stock ecu. 5 speed no syncro issues at 182K miles. Zero offset wheels with flares. Car is pretty reamed out inside and out...would make a great Chumpcar/Lemons build. http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/3355012350.html

Not to pile on, but you are aware of the Chump/Lemons budget cap, right? $500 sounds about right.

chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli New Reader
10/21/12 11:04 p.m.

^^^ If OP is willing, that's exactly what I had in mind. Full suite of safety equipment and a thorough once-over on the engine (considering the mileage).

bondracer7
bondracer7 New Reader
10/22/12 3:15 p.m.

Yes I do know the $500 limit on CC and Lemons, we already have a Miata Chumpcar and raced a Paseo ( a true $500 car and perennial backmarker) in Lemons previously. None of those Miatas in CC or Lemons are $500, nor are the BMW's, 5.0 Mustangs etc. Note that wheels, tires, brakes, safety equip are not part of the $500 formula. Sure, I'll sell the car for $500, but the wheels, tires, etc are the other $1000!

And no the frame (or unibody) is not damaged at all, just the pass side door jam. Wheel got knicked but spins true. Forgot to mention it currently has a SS exhaust from the axle back too.

bondracer7
bondracer7 New Reader
10/22/12 3:22 p.m.

Yes I have P/S and A/C stuff and I might have a cat, I'll have to look in all the Miata stuff I have.

For Chumpcar/Lemons wannabees, I also have a kill switch with the alternator cut-off and a rear section of a Spec Miata roll cage that was cut out of a previous car, also extra wheels.

Plan was for my son to run this car in CC with friends or paying drivers but he couldn't get it organized and my wife wants it out of the backyard.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B4YEI3gl0fDbivhfiQN2bEYsLyMk5ehE6n2dbaqigmhasSPcQej5sBKdjUgwfcCp