NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
11/15/12 10:42 p.m.

$400!!!! 1990 Mazda 626 GT 5 Door. Located in Jacksboro, TX 76458

I NEED to get the car sold ASAP since I need foot surgery AND the trans on my DD(the wife's car)is starting to show it's age. I'll be out of work for at least three weeks and the money would help. I'd really hate to scrap it and plus I might even want to buy it back! I've had the car since last August and haven't done much with it. On the way home from buying it, it blew a hose and I immediately pulled over. Had it towed home. Turns out it had a blown headgasket(water in oil)and the owner failed to mention it. I've replaced some water and vacuum lines as well as the IMG, TBG, lower/upper radiator hose and an OEM Mazda thermostat. Motor still has full power but gets hot pretty quick.

I'm a Mazda guy and would LOVE to keep the car. It won't take much to get it going. The car is registered and inspected. It will run/drive for about twenty minutes before the temp starts climbing(car still has full power). The water pump has a leak. I was going to replace that and the timing belt when I did the headgasket. The car has a lot of potential and a decent interior(besides a lil crack in the dash, some broken plastic and the driver's door panel). Sitting in the seats, you wouldn't know the car is twenty two years old. I'd like to see it go to a good home and restored or into a BA track car.

Body is fairly straight other than the door/fender/front lip/paint/pass tail. Needs tires. Exhaust leak at mani and cat. No name muffler. Clunk from front end(think it may be tranny or motor mount). Shifter feels good. Replaced most of the bushings. I have the water pump(with Mazda gaskets) and timing belt and OEM Mazda headgasket. Car has 221K on it. It's the original motor but I don't know if it's been rebuilt or not. Needs a valve cover gasket and PCV valve. It has been garaged since I've had it. Driver's rear window regulator needs a new cable and AC prob needs a recharge. Car had a system in it before and is still wired for it. No radio. Cash only. No trades or payments, please. Any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for looking! Will

On to the pictures. Yes, the link is safe(Photobucket).

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
11/16/12 2:52 a.m.

This is an odd ad and I am not feeling safe about clicking the link considering that in 3 big paragraphs you have not said what kind of car. Sure, the title says 4 door and there is mention of a Mazda brand headgasket but can you just give it to us clear like...1997 Mazda Protege or whatever it is, maybe 2001 Millenia???

I also feel odd about the heading of "New Price."
Did you have this car listed here earlier at a higher price?

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/16/12 5:47 a.m.

I clicked the link. It goes to a Photobucket page of a 626 GT. fwiw

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
11/16/12 9:53 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: This is an odd ad and I am not feeling safe about clicking the link considering that in 3 big paragraphs you have not said what kind of car. Sure, the title says 4 door and there is mention of a Mazda brand headgasket but can you just give it to us clear like...1997 Mazda Protege or whatever it is, maybe 2001 Millenia??? I also feel odd about the heading of "New Price." Did you have this car listed here earlier at a higher price?

Sorry, my mistake. I copy/pasted my other ad and forgot to put what I have in there. Sorry again. I'm legit. Not a scammer. No tiny boats involved here.

Yes, I did have it listed at a higher price. I wasn't thinking clearly with the other price. I think this is a fair price. Hell...if someone comes and gets it this weekend, they can have it for $400. Clean and clear Blue Texas title. Will

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
11/21/12 2:15 a.m.

$500! C'mon!

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
11/25/12 3:14 p.m.

Bumpage.

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
12/4/12 10:03 p.m.

Really need to sell this!

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
12/9/12 9:59 a.m.

$400!!! Bottom dollar! Come get it!

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
12/18/12 3:32 a.m.

Really? Nobody wants this for $400?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/18/12 7:17 a.m.

If it was closer, I would be very tempted but it is just too far away.

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
1/4/13 11:56 p.m.

Bump! $400! C'mon!

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
1/5/13 2:29 p.m.

if it was even within 4 hours of me i'd probably do it. sorry man.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4jOOFNH65jdz6BkLn9Esy4r5lDDIO5emNOZN8gM6skn2hckh1FPnmHDCBuGDG313