Helterskelter
Helterskelter Reader
5/3/14 8:23 p.m.

Is anyone interested in a free 1999 miata roller? I'm stripping it of everything of value so all that will be left is the shell and suspension (sport suspension). I'll leave the brakes intact if that helps. The body is dented (it was hit multiple times over the years in parking lots / outside of my house / etc, but never wrecked hard). The top is junk and not attached but there is a frame. Otherwise I'm going to offer it up for free on Craigslist for the scrappers. Worst case I'll drag it down to the scrap yard myself. It's going to take me another 2-3 weeks to finish stripping it. I have a clean title if that means anything. Thanks.

kylini
kylini Reader
5/3/14 9:09 p.m.

WHY ARE YOU IN DFW?!?

If it didn't cost half a grand to get it from Iowa, I'd be all over that. My car has everything right in the engine/suspension (mostly) and everything wrong in the body panel department (berked it up with pole/wire/fire damage).

Helterskelter
Helterskelter Reader
5/3/14 10:18 p.m.

The body isn't straight (all bullE36 M3 parking lot hits, roommates driving down the side of it, etc) and it was going to cost more to fix it than the car is worth in parts. I bought a clean one and am in the process of making the best of the two and parting out the rest. Someone could probably hammer it reasonably straight if they really cared. If someone with a lot more time than myself had a wrecked mustang it could keep them busy for a while. I would definitely rather give it to one of you guys than take the trouble of loading it on a trailer and scrapping it. Unfortunately I'm thinking this one is going to the scrap yard.

skum_bag
skum_bag New Reader
5/24/14 9:37 p.m.

Where are you located?

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
5/25/14 8:02 a.m.

Spec Miata guys should be all over that. You see a dent, Spec Miata guys sees an opportunity to slap on another GRM sticker.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
5/25/14 8:09 a.m.

The Grassroots Challenge program down at A&M may be interested, and then the car would be a tax writeoff for you. I'm not sure who's running it these days, but if you're interested I could find out.

Helterskelter
Helterskelter Reader
5/26/14 4:02 p.m.

I'm not going to drive the car down to A&M (I don't have the time to do that). I'm going to finish pulling parts off it out next weekend then the following weekend I'm going to take it to the scrap yard. I made another post with a list of parts if anyone wants anything off of it. It was a complete car. Thanks guys.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
5/28/14 10:15 a.m.

Oh ok, I was assuming they'd go get it. We did that when I was there. I can understand if you don't want the hassle, though.

Helterskelter
Helterskelter Reader
5/28/14 9:25 p.m.

Dallas to College Station is a long drive for a stripped Miata shell with dented panels. It's not worth the gas. I'm going to try to give it away on Craigslist and see if a scrapper will come take it.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I'd love to give it away to someone who will use it. But it's 180 miles, that's a lot of diesel for a vehicle that has been stripped of everything but suspension and brakes.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
5/28/14 9:46 p.m.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right.

Helterskelter
Helterskelter Reader
5/29/14 8:55 p.m.

Car is gone. Thanks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
isvKwXMpPrmJrEZQXQYLHXmtfiDTe02D9o7Xu43nGM2KPPbWbNFfHHlBejcdqZg5