jakeb
jakeb New Reader
8/11/11 6:43 p.m.

I am looking for someone to transport a car from Stewartstown, Pennsylvania to Bay City, MI (or somewhere close) Even northern ohio would be ok...

The car rolls but does not run. I have a broker looking but it has been two weeks and they don't have anyone yet. I would like to get it moved asap. The broker quoted me $540. I would be ok paying a little bit more if it gets moved asap.

jakeb
jakeb New Reader
8/11/11 6:46 p.m.

Even if someone can get it near kenton, oh that would be good. As I am looking at buying an engine in kenton and could get the car around there too..

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Reader
8/11/11 8:47 p.m.

Is your engine coming from Brims?

jakeb
jakeb New Reader
8/11/11 8:49 p.m.

yeah that is the plan

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/12/11 7:44 a.m.

damn, the trip would cost me $490 in gas. otherwise i'd try to make some time.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
8/12/11 9:22 a.m.

Let me see if my strike lasts any longer. If so,and I can borrow a trailer I would make a trip for the money,and adventure.

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 Reader
8/12/11 9:39 a.m.

Kenton might be doable for me, gas would be too much to justify the trip to Bay City. Let me check for some free time in my schedule. I am in Harrisburg, so it wouldn't be a long trip on top of things to get to the car.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
8/12/11 10:06 a.m.

I use uship.com. I've used that site to transport a car, an engine, and a motorcycle. You have people bidding on your shipment and you can checkout their feedback and ask questions befor booking.

jakeb
jakeb New Reader
8/12/11 10:37 a.m.

I have it on uship but the thing is most of them are brokers as well. So I have to wait for them to find someone to get it. So now I am looking for someone that would be able to get it sooner than later. Kenton would work for me...or somewhere close to kenton. Maybe someone on the board will let it sit at their house for a day until I can get there. I am looking at going to kenton tuesday or friday of next week possibly.

If either of you guys find the time to do it let me know asap. I am checking with another shipping broker(bigger) later today to see what they can come up with.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Reader
8/12/11 2:15 p.m.

I live twenty miles north ofKenton so if it makes it here I can let. It hang out for you. Won't be inside though.

jakeb
jakeb New Reader
8/12/11 2:37 p.m.

sweet thanks chandler. It would be fine outside. Just an 85 5 series.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C4iLhDT9PfGilxTJA7e5Q94P4JOCwnXwDmGTgnnXLosuMYVfs25drfbKZJ7BsZSM