blaze86vic
blaze86vic Reader
11/25/13 7:49 p.m.

When I refinished my own valve cover I picked up an M10 VC that I had sitting around for some time and did the same to it. It was a little more challenging as there were more details on it and the details are not all on the same plane. But it came out great.

I clean the VC completely and remove any oxidation. I actually prefer the casting texture to carry through rather than sanding the large flat sections smooth. I base coat with VHT flat black, while the pant is still soft I hand file the raised sections to a perdy' fresh cut appearance, and then I clear with VHT clear. I also do not get paint on the oil cap or breather hose sealing surface as I have ran into issues with oil seeping through painted sealing surfaces. So if anyone wants it for $60 shipped to the lower 48 I'll let it go (and I'll clean the paint off the gasket surface). If not it will continue to adorn my work wall.

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
11/26/13 1:18 a.m.

That's pretty. I might have to buy it just to hang above my monitor. I'll let you know.

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
11/26/13 7:09 p.m.

looks great. Too bad both of my M10 cars now have M42s

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/26/13 9:27 p.m.

In reply to irish44j:

Aw, that's a damn shame...
(Says the guy with a 2002 parked out front and one each M10 and M42 on stands in the garage)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yq9LFLAmZecYvKomQLZ9mgPCQI2UJNtEnUrPtZOW7nVmHGQryKwaXD8MG0EDVq4r