Raze HalfDork
3/16/10 9:05 a.m.

Not mine, very strange, BRAND NEW, funny to look at:

http://clarksville.craigslist.org/ctd/1645360072.html

EvanR
EvanR New Reader
3/16/10 2:18 p.m.

Not that odd:

1] Jeeps have been exported to RHD countries for years.

2] Using RHD export parts, Jeep has been building US-spec, RHD CJ's and Wranglers for sale to Rural Postal Carriers since before I was born.

3] Subaru does the same thing with the Legacy wagon. If you know how to ask right, your Subaru dealer will sell you a RHD Legacy.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/10 2:30 p.m.

I thought that the USPS issued a call for RHD cars and the legacy was the only one to respond. I did not know that you could get a modern jeep in RHD or that Subaru still offered them. Interesting.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
3/16/10 2:33 p.m.

not as nice (or just as nice) RHD Jeep...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1644720429.html

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/16/10 2:41 p.m.

Saturns do that also.

Raze
Raze HalfDork
3/16/10 2:42 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I thought that the USPS issued a call for RHD cars and the legacy was the only one to respond. I did not know that you could get a modern jeep in RHD or that Subaru still offered them. Interesting.

That's exactly why I posted it, didn't think Jeep went ahead with newer RHD for US

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Dork
3/16/10 2:48 p.m.
Raze wrote:
pinchvalve wrote: I thought that the USPS issued a call for RHD cars and the legacy was the only one to respond. I did not know that you could get a modern jeep in RHD or that Subaru still offered them. Interesting.
That's exactly why I posted it, didn't think Jeep went ahead with newer RHD for US

My parent's mail carrier has a fairly new RHD wrangler. You see them every now and then.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
3/16/10 3:32 p.m.

There's a 1947 LHD Willys Jeep in the paper for one large, "runs and drives." Yeah, I need that. Hey, it's cheaper than a used 4 wheeler, right? And you can fix it with a hammer, right?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
3/16/10 3:49 p.m.

You can buy new RHD Jeeps off the lot in the UK, so no surpries there are some here.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
3/16/10 4:22 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: There's a 1947 LHD Willys Jeep in the paper for one large, "runs and drives." Yeah, I need that. Hey, it's cheaper than a used 4 wheeler, right? And you can fix it with a hammer, right?

I had a 46. Get it, you'll love it.

alex
alex Dork
3/16/10 5:17 p.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote: My parent's mail carrier has a fairly new RHD wrangler. You see them every now and then.

Wait, my parents' mail carrier has a fairly new RHD Wrangler, too.

Is that you, me?

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
3/18/10 10:16 p.m.

I saw a nissan 180sx delivering mail in my part of rural pennsylvania once. I got all excited, but the next day it was replaced by a tired sable station wagon with a driver seated in the middle.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
3/19/10 7:52 a.m.

There was a dealership around here that checked the wrong box on a stocking order and ended up with a dozen or so RHD TJ's a few years back. Some folks got extremely good deals on those.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/10 8:12 a.m.

My ex-stepmonster had a dozen RHD mail jeeps ranging between 1970s DJ5Bs and 1995 and newer Cherokees but one of her rural carrier buddies has a RHD Rolls Royce that was the best mail jeep evar.

(If you were around Hudson/Pasco County Fla from 1986 on you will remember the Roller.

Raze
Raze HalfDork
3/19/10 8:32 a.m.
John Brown wrote: My ex-stepmonster had a dozen RHD mail jeeps ranging between 1970s DJ5Bs and 1995 and newer Cherokees but one of her rural carrier buddies has a RHD Rolls Royce that was the best mail jeep evar. (If you were around Hudson/Pasco County Fla from 1986 on you will remember the Roller.

anyone who delivers the mail in a Rolls is A-OK in my book

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fZui0mbHfm4dPnKUJFzPJuFHbjHhzf61sss3A7sv2BjcbHbLta03EeGrbq0iBYJE