1 2
lingusthedingus
lingusthedingus
5/23/12 10:57 a.m.

Hi Guys-

I picked this up recently and although it's really fast and a ton of fun, I need something a little more practical for my commute. I'm in Arlington, VA and can arrange to show it if you need. I will answer all questions as honestly as I can. Details and pictures below. Thank you.

**Trades will preferably be stock (or near stock), manual, and four doors, but anything else that is interesting will be considered. This car is on CL for a lot more than I'm asking here, but I'd prefer to sell quickly so price is $2012

ENGINE Ford 306 cubic inch High Output 5.0 block w/ TRW forged pistons (~75k miles) Explorer heads e303 cam Cartech Intake Manifold w/ Explorer TB NEW coil/cap/wires Previous owner had it dynoed at ~370whp and 450+wtq Front mount intercooler

TRANSMISSION AODE trans w/ Lentech shift kit (~70k miles)

TURBO SETUP Custom turbo kit w/ OBX wastegate and blow off valve T4 flange Borg Warner 57trim turbo 3" exhaust side to 3" piping

FUEL 50lbs injectors Walbro 255 in tank along w/ a Bosch 404 inline pump

ENGINE MANAGMENT Megasquirt Version 1

EXHAUST Glasspack muffler, side exhaust to passenger side rear door No cat, in VA there are no emissions tests for cars older than 25 years so this passed inspection easily

INTERIOR/EXTERIOR Grey original paint is in decent shape, a few small rust bubbles starting to come up but can be taken care of. Hood, roof, and trunk are painted black. Interior could use work. Was originally tan leather. The two front seats need to be replaced, or at least have seat covers. The rear seats are in decent shape with a few small tears. Headliner needs to be replaced. A-pillar Gauge pod with functioning VDO gauges (boost, oil pressure, tach, trans temp) Working CDplayer

SUSPENSION/WHEELS Stock suspension 15" Steel Wheels

The Good: -This thing pulls like a b*stard once it hits boost. It is fairly mild mannered when driving around at normal speeds, but will really take off if you give it the beans. -For a 28 yr old car, the body is in good shape. There are 2 small rust spots (pictured below), but no major dents or dings otherwise. -For the insane car it is, it is very reliable. I daily it now, and have made the 100 mile trip from DC to Richmond in heavy traffic on a 85 degree day with no issues/overheating. -The insurance on this is dirt cheap, I think it added like $5 to my current plan per month. - No emissions testing required as it is more than 25 years old

Needs: - Suspension is the one thing that would really benefit this car. I was planning on upgrading it before plans changed, a whole new suspension can be had for about $500 from http://www.ipdusa.com/ - The front tires need to be replaced. I will buy some new ones in the next week or 2 unless it is sold by then. The rear tires are in very good shape. - The interior is rough. Unless this is going to be a track car, it should be replaced or recovered. - There is a small exhaust leak. I will try and locate that and seal if if I get the time this weekend.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/23/12 11:11 a.m.

Well, damn! Welcome to the forum. Do you know of any reason this wouldn't make the 425 mile drive back to my house?

lingusthedingus
lingusthedingus New Reader
5/23/12 11:22 a.m.
dculberson wrote: Well, damn! Welcome to the forum. Do you know of any reason this wouldn't make the 425 mile drive back to my house?

Yeah I figured I'd make a splash. I don't know of anything that would prevent you from taking it on a trip that long. I drive it around here all the time with no problems, and the longest trip I've had it was from Richmond to DC (~100 miles) without issue. Water temps fall into the "normal range" and the oil pressure is good, it's really a very civil car until you hit boost.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Reader
5/23/12 1:23 p.m.

the want is strong here...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/23/12 1:33 p.m.

checking wallet

Nope. Still empty.

lingusthedingus
5/23/12 1:37 p.m.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/23/12 1:43 p.m.

Thanks. I'll go home and jo to those.

lingusthedingus
5/23/12 1:45 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: *checking wallet* Nope. Still empty.

Yeah me too. Thats why the fun car is for sale

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/23/12 1:46 p.m.

Check my garage. Thats where my money went.

lingusthedingus
5/23/12 1:53 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Check my garage. Thats where my money went.

Better than flower arrangements and wedding invites ugh

slefain
slefain SuperDork
5/23/12 2:13 p.m.

failboat
failboat Dork
5/23/12 3:14 p.m.

I sent the link to someone I know that lives in Arlington. Its a serious longshot to be honest, but was also thinking they might know someone else that might like such a fine automobile?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin SuperDork
5/23/12 3:15 p.m.

Haha. I saw this on CL the other day and was very intrigued. This looks like it could be hilariously fun.

lingusthedingus
5/23/12 3:23 p.m.
failboat wrote: I sent the link to someone I know that lives in Arlington. Its a serious longshot to be honest, but was also thinking they might know someone else that might like such a fine automobile?

Thanks, appreciated. You never know who will want one of these.

lingusthedingus
5/23/12 3:25 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote: Haha. I saw this on CL the other day and was very intrigued. This looks like it could be hilariously fun.

Come check it out, you're only in Sterling right? It's a ton of fun.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/23/12 3:28 p.m.
lingusthedingus wrote: Better than flower arrangements and wedding invites ugh

In my own words: "I ant paying for E36 M3."
(Just got married for 50 bucks)

lingusthedingus
5/23/12 3:33 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
lingusthedingus wrote: Better than flower arrangements and wedding invites ugh
In my own words: "I ant paying for E36 M3." (Just got married for 50 bucks)

If you squint your eyes and look just right, this KINDA LOOKS like a e36 m3. Maybe it's just me.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/23/12 3:39 p.m.

e36 m3 = Censored "Sh!t"

More info here.

lingusthedingus
5/23/12 3:41 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: e36 m3 = Censored "Sh!t" More info here.

Lol. And my post stands haha

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
5/23/12 4:08 p.m.

There's no chance you'd be interested in a 1994 Probe GT is there?

lingusthedingus
5/23/12 4:44 p.m.
Racer1ab wrote: There's no chance you'd be interested in a 1994 Probe GT is there?

Email me pics/details. Anybody else with a trade offer use this email too:

cbquinlan @ gmail dot com

I'd prefer to sell outright but will consider trades for the right car.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin SuperDork
5/23/12 4:59 p.m.
lingusthedingus wrote:
ProDarwin wrote: Haha. I saw this on CL the other day and was very intrigued. This looks like it could be hilariously fun.
Come check it out, you're only in Sterling right? It's a ton of fun.

Actually, I live in Oakton. Too lazy to change my profile.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Reader
5/23/12 11:19 p.m.

Could you possibly post video of it running/driving?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/23/12 11:26 p.m.

And doing a massive burnout?

lingusthedingus
5/24/12 7:43 a.m.
clutchsmoke wrote: Could you possibly post video of it running/driving?

This is the best I can do at the minute, from last year at Carlisle volvo show

Volvo V8 Turbo Auto X

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8kupS6equFUUNZ88D4WN8ZbKV0f5NrjMy7cNw0cZgdeqmho19JPQGb5Nsq02kBx5