ppddppdd
ppddppdd Reader
7/28/11 8:44 a.m.

If anyone knows of a nice rust-free manual transmission'd E36 selling for under $4K in the eastern USA, please shoot me an email at grendel@gmail.com. Have cash, will travel (or pay to ship). Doesn't need to be modified, but suspension upgrades are always welcome.

RandyS
RandyS Reader
7/28/11 9:19 a.m.

There are several in the atlanta CL right now.

Slick92GSR
Slick92GSR New Reader
7/28/11 6:56 p.m.

In reply to ppddppdd:

I have my '93 318is 5sp. The paint is flat and the regular E36 interior issues (seats, door cards/headliner) that need work. The Chassis is straight and the M42/Tranny/rearend run like clockwork. I am going to list it for $1800 obo locally. let me know if its what you looking for.

ppddppdd
ppddppdd Reader
7/29/11 6:59 a.m.
Slick92GSR wrote: In reply to ppddppdd: I have my '93 318is 5sp. The paint is flat and the regular E36 interior issues (seats, door cards/headliner) that need work. The Chassis is straight and the M42/Tranny/rearend run like clockwork. I am going to list it for $1800 obo locally. let me know if its what you looking for.

Thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to stick to the 325/328 unless a truly ungodly spectacular 318 comes up. Going from a strong running E34 535i to a 318i might be too much of a step down in power.

I haven't seen anything on CL that really screamed "buy me now!" aside from a DSP/STX prepped car in NM that got bought before I could get to it. Lots of cars in the southeast I might check out if I were local, though.

I really want a car that was owned by an enthusiast and had some of the obvious E36 issues addressed (major bushings, cooling system) and didn't have rust or major cosmetic issues. Not that I mind doing those, but it's another thousand bucks worth of stuff. Maybe that's a tall order at $4K. I'm not firm on that price, though. My wife may be, but I'm not!

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
7/29/11 8:30 a.m.
ppddppdd wrote: Maybe that's a tall order at $4K. I'm not firm on that price, though. My wife may be, but I'm not!

well in that case.... In my hunt for an M3 I came across a nice 95 coupe, silver on black. Decent overall shape, some scuffs in the paint. 150k on the clock but maintained.

Seller was asking 6k but would most likely take 5. He's in north jersey, I can put you in touch if you'd like,

ppddppdd
ppddppdd Reader
7/29/11 9:37 a.m.

Yeah, please put me in touch. I honestly don't know if I want the extra power and more pricey tires in a car I just drive around town, but M3s seem to be better cared for overall.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/29/11 10:09 a.m.

Where are you located, I'm considering putting my '97 328is up for sale in the next week or so. It's a 5spd, Sport Pkg., with 127K. I can shoot you some older pictures if you're interested...

ppddppdd
ppddppdd Reader
7/29/11 10:14 a.m.

Interested in all options! I'm especially interested in cars that weren't owned by 17 year old kids who couldn't afford maintenance and just wanted something BMW branded.....

I'm in Ann Arbor, but I've got family in CT I could visit. One way flights are $200 or so. :)

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
7/29/11 11:16 a.m.
ppddppdd wrote: Yeah, please put me in touch. I honestly don't know if I want the extra power and more pricey tires in a car I just drive around town, but M3s seem to be better cared for overall.

shoot me an email to jim at misfittoysracing dot com and I'll forward you his emails with details on the car and photos.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/29/11 12:42 p.m.

Message sent with details and contact info...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LAS5eLC6VoYd6uq7mNc3f2FBjQyVNHoZrflSUMEltiPOAhnfMrheWZn1jGpS60Wo