PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
3/31/13 9:09 a.m.

Looking for a fuel efficient car in the southwest Ohio area. Hoping to find something that gets 30 to 35 mpg highway.

Must be a five speed and be able to haul two car seats. Budget of $2500. I've been driving appliances for a while so something vaguely fun would be a huge bonus.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
3/31/13 11:32 a.m.

In reply to PubBurgers:

I vote for a Dodge Neon.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
3/31/13 12:25 p.m.

Definitely a possibility. How are the ~2000 model year era in terms of reliability?

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
4/1/13 8:01 p.m.

Did you retire the LS400? Hope it treated you well.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
4/1/13 8:27 p.m.

In reply to PubBurgers:

I had a 98 RT that I put >90k on without any issues except for a head gasket that was replaced under warranty. IIRC, I was getting >35mpg.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/1/13 8:52 p.m.

Craigslist in Dayton

87 Toyota Celica GTS - $1500 (Englewood) "1987 Toyota Celica GTS, 5 speed manual transmission. This car runs great and gets an average of 27 miles per gallon. The best I have ever gotten was 32 mpg and the worst was 25 mpg. It has been 100% reliable in the five years I have owned it."

Not mine, but the ad sounds very detailed and taken care of, if I was looking for a rallycross car still, I'd be visiting him myself.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/2/13 9:35 a.m.
Jerry wrote: Craigslist in Dayton 87 Toyota Celica GTS - $1500 (Englewood) "1987 Toyota Celica GTS, 5 speed manual transmission. This car runs great and gets an average of 27 miles per gallon. The best I have ever gotten was 32 mpg and the worst was 25 mpg. It has been 100% reliable in the five years I have owned it." Not mine, but the ad sounds very detailed and taken care of, if I was looking for a rallycross car still, I'd be visiting him myself.

Sounds like a nice car, but might be a bit tight for two car seats.

But you could always go check...

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/2/13 10:06 a.m.

I admit I had to look at Google Images to get the proper body style, but they seemed ok for kids seats. And it leaves $1000 in the budget for new diapers and better tires for fun!

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
4/2/13 5:52 p.m.

The ls400 continues to serve alarmingly faithfully. It is still an amazing car. Ive put over 15000 trouble free miles on it so far. I owe you several beers for the amazing deal. My commute got much longer so I'm looking for a gas saver to augment the fleet.

Cool as old celicas are, that one is a touch older than I'm looking for.

I hate posting from phones so hard.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
4/3/13 8:13 a.m.

I'm just glad it went to a good home and is treating you well!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lJAzwkUGTUCyIONlsJYZHEd27SJJicDqPc1DLBi8lL1uqiabyuqWAWfItvyhxJAG