1 2 3
Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/19/17 6:47 p.m.

I've had to make some hard choices lately and this is just the latest in what is going to be a long year.

I've decided to let my baby go. 92 SVX purchased from a fellow board member svrex.

Good.. Full leather interior with no rips, koni yellows and ground control perches/springs, 5 speed swap from 2.5rs lightweight flywheel.

Bad.. Engine has spun a bearing.

Bring me $500 and I'll sign it over. Bring me another 500 and I'll send you along with another engine that ran and drive around the salvage yard in front of me before having them pull it.AND all the seals, belt, water pump etc that I bought to put it in the car with.

Yes I could make more parting it out, or slapping the engine in and selling it. I just don't have the time. Car is located in Gainesville FL

EDIT : Realized I didn't put contact info in. Screen name at Google mail or pm.

Second edit. Thanks Grm for blasting my phone number on Facebook.

Spinout007
4/19/17 6:49 p.m.

Ps. Car ran a 15 second pass with a baby launch and granny shifting

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/19/17 7:00 p.m.

Clean FL title or GA?

Spinout007
4/19/17 7:04 p.m.

Currently FL titled. Should be able to avoid an impact fee due to being previously titled in GA

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
4/19/17 7:12 p.m.

Manuelle, or auto?

Spinout007
4/19/17 7:29 p.m.

5 speeds of fury

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
4/19/17 7:50 p.m.

Dang! I wanted it back when you bought it. But I just cant.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
4/19/17 8:06 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Dang! I wanted it back when you bought it. But I just cant.

That SVX makes a heck of a daily. Fly down-buy everything including engine-have install party-drive home! Simple.

Spinout007
4/19/17 8:51 p.m.

No kidding. I could maybe get some time free if someone was buying it to help, but I'm living 2 hours away at the moment and I'm just over my head with stuff going on here. It's time to lighten the load and the worries. I'm losing quite a bit at this price, and it won't go to anyone but a board member at this price.

It eats highway miles like nothing I've seen. With the lightweight flywheel you don't lose any speed on the hills using cruise control. It just rolls up and over them. IF you're not overly concerned about 5.0 being around and you get on it from a stand still, by the time you mat it in 1st it's time to shift to second. I would put it against a 911 in a heartbeat for first and second, third falls off a bit. BUT if you wind out third in this thing you're in lose your license territory.

AC was working when the bearing spun as it was my daily. Life happens.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/19/17 9:05 p.m.

You keep tempting me to buy this back- aargh!

The Koni/ GC's are worth 3X the asking price.

This was the car I wanted to build for the Challenge. Hence, my screen name. Just never found one at the right price (like this is)

I spent $6500 building that car, and it has less than 1000 miles on it since then.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
4/19/17 9:19 p.m.

Stop! You're making this really hard

Spinout007
4/19/17 9:26 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Few more than a 1k miles. I did an oil change before it hit the road, and then another right before the bearing spun. And remember I lived in the country, I rack up miles FAST. Of course I say that, and my poor truck hasn't had 3k put on it since the move. Hell I did an oil change for the first time in my life because it was TIME to do it, not the miles had come and gone. That said, I think it still has less than 130k on the clock for the car.

Spinout007
4/19/17 9:32 p.m.

Buy it, swap the motor, sell core motor to VW van guys for 3-500 dollars (they LOVE this motor) lighten her up with a diet, I think the power drivers seat weighs almost 100lbs. (fully functioning btw) Challenge it, reassemble and enjoy as a daily. Plenty of budget room for tires, spare springs, wheels etc.

I WILL say in the interest of full disclosure. the rear wheel bearings were making noise, and they require a press, or a professional. Hence why I was waiting to get them done. Never stopped me from driving it.

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
4/19/17 10:13 p.m.

Im in gainesville and I got money, can I see it tomorrow after work or this weekend?

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
4/19/17 10:38 p.m.

Please don't post pics

(yes, post pics)

Spinout007
4/20/17 5:59 a.m.

In reply to echoechoecho:

I'm in Tampa currently. I might be able to make some time to get up there Sunday.

Spinout007
4/20/17 6:05 a.m.

Dirty pic, but it's what's available. Phone with all my pics on it when through the wash.... Oops

One of SVrex's selling videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXITLKMTDI8

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
4/20/17 11:50 a.m.

I hate being broke.

Spinout007
4/20/17 4:14 p.m.

In reply to FlightService:

So do I, otherwise I would have simply paid someone to finish installing the new engine long ago. I'm really going to miss this one.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/20/17 5:22 p.m.
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/20/17 6:30 p.m.

Man, that's weird. I don't even remember making those videos.

In the interest of disclosure, they are not current. Not close.

Spinout007
4/20/17 7:10 p.m.

Well minus the engine making wonderful rod knock noises.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/21/17 8:52 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Paul, they say the mind is the 2nd thing to go.

Spinout007
4/21/17 4:01 p.m.

Friday afternoon nudge

Spinout007
4/23/17 6:05 p.m.
echoechoecho wrote: Im in gainesville and I got money, can I see it tomorrow after work or this weekend?

Sent PM earlier today. I'll make the trip any afternoon minus Thursday/friday to let you take a look if you're serious

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KeQyruG7v9JkJD12rKksBmtgGpEMIq0Rk1cyZJbExc3lpF6ax5xYUDEUbDL2ihae