Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
5/11/18 9:21 a.m.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-lincoln-continental/6584921869.html

1977 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL TOWNCAR - $1,500.00 FIRM.
50,546 Original Miles.
Emerald Green.
Great Project. Needs a lot of work. Body Solid. not started in 10 years. Must be towed.
OR Great for parts.

Seafoam green with a booger green interior Land Yacht!!! It's even parked next to another boat in the guy's yard. Surely someone needs this. 

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/11/18 10:23 a.m.

A friend of mine had one of these in college.  It was hilarious and sinister at the same time.  By far the most nautical driving experience I've had in a car.   Zero steering feel, a hood the size of a king-sized bed, and ride like floating on a balloon.   I'd love to resto-mod one of these, as I still think they look kinda cool.  (in a mob-boss kinda way)  

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/11/18 12:12 p.m.

There is one for sale near me that is dark green on dark green that I have been eyeing for rallycross

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/18 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

My parents had a ‘78 - same color, same hubcaps, but with a velour interior - that I drove frequently as a kid(typically each time after jumping RR tracks in my Mustang when something broke). I’d damn near sell the Miatas to drag this thing home. Really glad it’s not close. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
5/11/18 3:45 p.m.

This would go well with my newly acquired green on green Ford wagon.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/12/18 9:22 a.m.

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
5/13/18 2:50 a.m.

What I really don't need right now is a Town Car, no matter how much I want one to take on a RT66 Road Trip .

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/13/18 11:40 a.m.

There should be a land yacht class at a challenge soon.....i wanna see that thing autocross

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/18 12:09 p.m.

That is awesome.

I'm glad it's not local. 

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
5/13/18 7:20 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

That is awesome.

I'm glad it's not local. 

Why would that stop you?  It did not the last time.  

If you like, you can have it towed to my house in NH, drive up with a co driver in Sandford to get it running then drive both back.  

How go I make out in this deal?  I get to see sandford in person and get to be a small part of you next great adventure thread on the forum.  

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/13/18 7:35 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

That is awesome.

I'm glad it's not local. 

There is a 78 dark green on dark green here west of asheville, NC for sale if that is close enough.

MacDubois
MacDubois New Reader
5/13/18 11:56 p.m.

A buddy of mine just bought a triple gold ‘79 that hadn’t been driven for 10 years. It’s responding really well to it’s resurrection, but it’ll probably be awhile before he’s able to track down every vacuum leak.  I can’t imagine trying to autocross one though, it’s comically huge. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/18 5:46 a.m.

In reply to MacDubois :

I distinctly remember taking our 78 around the s-curves outside of town at a higher rate of speed, and feeling the body yaw relative to the direction of travel. I wonder now how much of that was sidewall flex vs. suspension compliance though. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/18 12:02 p.m.

Why do I sometimes feel I'm being singled out for spectacularly bad enabling. wink

Pretty sure this thing is almost as big as SanFord and there is no more room at the inn. 

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/14/18 1:43 p.m.

If this was an owner post I wouldn't hijack the thread like this, but I have a 79  Continental myself to get rid of. Just in case VT is too far for someone and CT is just a few hours closer... I just need it gone soon.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/fs-1979-lincoln-continental-rare-read-inside-located-in-ct/133641/page1/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
el8ybPTFGOyoZr7vM1awxxdYuwH7ODEs1u31f47kHbzQgHaalBfPH583nDRrqMIu