nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/22/17 8:17 p.m.

Scammy McScamster?

$2,200 for fine German steel.  Well that's what your wife might reach for if this real and you bring it home. devil

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
10/22/17 8:25 p.m.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that I know it's over budget but now that I think about it what exactly could you sell to bring it under and make it fun for the challenge?  doh. blush

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
10/23/17 7:25 a.m.

Over budget yes, but he says don't offer $1500!   

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/23/17 8:54 a.m.

...think he'd take $1501?

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/23/17 9:15 a.m.

Want to follow along with my parting out cars thread? Get it for $2k, looks like selling the wheels, headlights, and sideview mirrors would recover 100% of your investment. Then either make an entertaining Challenge car out of it or make money parting the rest.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
10/23/17 1:22 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

Oh yeah forgot to mention that I know it's over budget but now that I think about it what exactly could you sell to bring it under and make it fun for the challenge?  doh. blush

Sell the wheels and tires and buy a cheaper set of wheels.  First set of tires doesn't count against budget. 

What's the story with trades?  Could you trade the seller a golf cart you bought for $1500?

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UberDork
10/23/17 1:34 p.m.

I'm curious what people think a "good tune up" is in situations like these.

If they mean driveability  problem diagnosed and repaired, sure.  But it's not like a set of spark plugs and and points adjustment would solve any problems in that motor.

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
10/23/17 1:36 p.m.

As a former BMW owner, the only reason I'd touch that one is to part it out

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dK7YTBf1kCa7bC0d4R5goLZxb3W5q3fn2S0077jxaz5feuWnTAu1JMfiEVOl33yd