MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
2/17/17 7:20 a.m.

I know that many of you have heard of Track Night in America. For those that have not, it is a program run by the SCCA that brings affordable track days to tracks all around the country. For 2017, Track Night in America has added 4 new locations; Heartland Park in Topeka, Buttonwillow in CA, Wild Horse Pass in AZ and Willow Springs out in Los Angeles. You get 3 20 minutes sessions on track for $150 or less.

I ran with them for the last couple years and can say that they are well organized, on time, and the best part, very affordable. I have been asked to be a part of their Track Night Champions program to get the word out and answer any questions that prospective drivers might have.

If you have any questions or would like a $25 discount on your next event , message me and I will be happy to provide either. Keep in mind that registration doesn't open until March 1 this year.

Have fun and be safe this year!

List of Events:

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/17 7:33 a.m.

I have a couple of questions you might be able to answer.

Can a car be shared between two drivers in the same run group?
If so, do we just pay separately and then just show up?

I do know that we will split the track time between us.

MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
2/17/17 7:42 a.m.

In reply to Slippery:

I don't see any reason why you could not do that, but I would have to double check because some of the tracks have specific rules. What track are you planning on going to?

I have shared my car with my dad, but we alternated sessions. You would both have to pay since you are going to both be driving. I would recommend selecting two different run groups if it fits with your skill levels because 20 minute session is going to be pretty short if you cut it in half and factor in driver switch time.

Slippery
2/17/17 7:43 a.m.

PBIR

Thanks!

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
2/17/17 10:06 a.m.

Just moved this thread to the Shop Talk forum. Thanks for posting!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/17/17 10:29 a.m.

What about 2 drivers, one novic and one intermediate? Same car.

And it would be at Carolina motorsports park. Cheap way to shake down the challenge car.

MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
2/17/17 3:35 p.m.

Just checked on this and here is what I have. No matter which route you go, each driver is going to have to pay. The entry fees are per driver and not per car. 2 drivers one car in the same class is fine, but you are going to get limited run time. 2 drivers in 2 different classes is perfectly fine, you just have to be ready to switch quickly because most of the start times are pretty much back to back. Keep in mind that this is for street cars so make sure the challenge car is street legal. Message me for discount codes.

Slippery
2/17/17 6:56 p.m.

Thanks for the info!

Will message you for discount when I register.

christobevii3
christobevii3
3/6/17 9:35 p.m.

Is this valid for the NOLA motorsports dates? I can't pm you but interested.

MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
3/7/17 7:48 a.m.

In reply to christobevii3:

This is valid for NOLA motorsports dates and all other tracks. Email me at mdgearhead88@gmail.com and I will take care of you.

Registration is open for the whole year, so email me or message me for the discount codes.

MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
4/1/17 6:31 a.m.

Just wanted to bump this and let everyone know that Charlotte Motor Speedway and Gateway Motorsports Park in St. Louis have been added to the 2017 calendar. As always, if you have any questions or would like a discount code, just send me a message.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/2/17 2:35 p.m.
MDGearhead wrote: Just wanted to bump this and let everyone know that Charlotte Motor Speedway and Gateway Motorsports Park in St. Louis have been added to the 2017 calendar. As always, if you have any questions or would like a discount code, just send me a message.

I could use a discount code for the PBIR event on 5/16. My daughter and I are planning on doing the Starting Line and TNIA events that day. I tried to PM you, but it bounced back. :(

MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
4/6/17 9:09 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

Sorry about that, message sent. Let me know if you do not receive.

mrblah
mrblah New Reader
6/15/17 8:57 a.m.

any discounts on scca membership to do these?

MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
6/15/17 9:54 a.m.
mrblah wrote: any discounts on scca membership to do these?

Not at this time, there was a promotion earlier in the year for SCCA members but it is no longer running. That being said, if you message me I can get you a discount code to save $25.

MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
7/25/17 7:21 a.m.

I have seen a lot of questions regarding the eligibility of bringing your racecar to Track Night events. SCCA has issued this updated statement regarding this issue:

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/articles/2007268-update-eligible-vehicles-for-track-night-in-america-driven-by-tire-rack

As always, message me if you have any other questions or would like a discount code for an upcoming event!

dshulkin
dshulkin
2/14/18 10:51 a.m.

In reply to MDGearhead :

I do almost all TNIA's in the Atlanta area.  I would love a discount code.  Thanks in advance.

MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
2/15/18 7:08 a.m.

In reply to dshulkin :

Message sent. Let me know if you didnt get it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LoHTwJFCJgXjKJlPifGjSSQRob8wk6YI72QOoSXnPdYMqg1lzxWFY9bOKI8wiDnq