1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
3/27/21 8:57 p.m.

here you go.. hope this helps..i will try to get better photos next time

jr02518
jr02518 HalfDork
3/27/21 9:48 p.m.

Just thinking out loud: Supply, demand and weather.

As the calender marches through the months of the year, the future donors for this project are likely still resting in their garages.  Anticipation of the first drive of the year, on tires that might not be round and pliable, is just about to happen.  The results, are predictable.

Supply, demand and weather.   

damarble
damarble Reader
3/28/21 12:42 a.m.
jr02518 said:

Just thinking out loud: Supply, demand and weather.

As the calender marches through the months of the year, the future donors for this project are likely still resting in their garages.  Anticipation of the first drive of the year, on tires that might not be round and pliable, is just about to happen.  The results, are predictable.

Supply, demand and weather.   

You're probably very close to the truth. I asked Wednesday if they already have my donor on site and the silence since then is telling. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/21 9:02 a.m.

In reply to damarble :

You'd probably spend less than 20% on a letter from an attorney.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/28/21 9:49 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Are you certain about the deck height? My understanding was that the blocks are the same bore and the .3 displacement difference was achieved with a forged crank with more stroke. I also read that some engine builders prefer to start with the 2.0 block for strength reasons and install the 2.3 crank and rods to stroke the 2.0 to 2.3. The reason I ask is that yes, clearances are  very tight and the drawings I got from Ford seem to show the engine being the same overall height?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/21 10:03 a.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

I did some more research, and I've seen reference both ways, that the 2.3 Ecoboost is taller and that they use the same block.

However, I've also found someone using a 2.0 Ecoboost block in a Focus RS with the 2.3 internals, so... it appears you're good after all.

Ha!  Finally got some info with actual numbers, from someone at a well known business specializing in Ford four cylinder engines.... all Ecoboosts have the tall block, even the 2.0.

Whew!

This does put the kibosh on my "EB pistons and rods in a 2.0 Duratec" idea, though.

damarble
damarble Reader
4/10/21 4:23 p.m.

Here we are at week 16 of 12 weeks to flatten the curve. Er wait, oops, got my timelines mixed up.

I finally got some unsolicited communication from Mars, asking what trans I am using so they can prep the harness. So that's cool I guess. Still no ETA though. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/21 7:07 p.m.

In reply to damarble :

That sounds good-ish.

damarble
damarble Reader
4/10/21 8:17 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott :

The good thing to come out of this is I made a new friend, a guy Mars pissed off even worse (he's on week 20 of 12 and no ETA). This guy is going to beat them at this game and started his own company. He's already completed a stand alone harness and built a 2.3L headed 2.0L. Us EB guys are going to have more options than ever. His harness allows for cruise control and is PATS deleted.

damarble
damarble Reader
4/12/21 10:18 a.m.

I met a local roadster owner Sunday and he gave me a trunk lid that is much less rusty than mine. I need to weld up the rack holes but that's no biggy. 

He has a supercharged 3.8 GM in his. 

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
4/12/21 10:54 a.m.

Hang in there man, I'm still with you on this journey!

damarble
damarble Reader
5/24/21 10:53 p.m.

Guess what? Still no ETA on a ship date. At least my friend that ordered his a month before me has his coming this week, so it will happen eventually.  

TheTick58
TheTick58 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/10/21 9:58 a.m.
damarble said:

In reply to TVR Scott :

The good thing to come out of this is I made a new friend, a guy Mars pissed off even worse (he's on week 20 of 12 and no ETA). This guy is going to beat them at this game and started his own company. He's already completed a stand alone harness and built a 2.3L headed 2.0L. Us EB guys are going to have more options than ever. His harness allows for cruise control and is PATS deleted.

Can you share the name of your new friends company?

damarble
damarble Reader
6/17/21 2:50 p.m.
TheTick58 said:
damarble said:

In reply to TVR Scott :

Can you share the name of your new friends company?

Let me check if he's ready for prime time. He did just successly run a 2019 2.3EB off his own harness based around a 15-17 ECM.

I got my ship notification today! 

damarble
damarble Reader
6/23/21 1:24 p.m.

Playing around with a seat idea. Anyone recognize them? 

damarble
damarble Reader
6/24/21 9:29 p.m.

I found a set of OZ wheels for peanuts because 2 were bent. I'm not sure I like the look, but they make good rollers and clear the front hubs unlike the black rollers I was using. Worst case I have some burn out rubber!

The big brake kit is peaking out nicely. 

TVR Scott
6/25/21 7:55 a.m.

I'll bite: What's the origin of the seats?

damarble
damarble Reader
6/25/21 8:46 a.m.
TVR Scott said:

I'll bite: What's the origin of the seats?

RZR UTV. The oem seats were already pretty light, these feel like maybe half of that. No recline but they feel pretty good where they are so I don't think I'll need it. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
6/25/21 10:27 a.m.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tgF9uWwoxX5f6yYgzyY1xtDdzuzepPY/view?usp=drivesdk

I found this assembly manual. Its older but may give some insight on the differences.

damarble
damarble Reader
6/25/21 1:08 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

Thanks, that could be useful. 

damarble
damarble Reader
6/25/21 10:09 p.m.

It's still not here, but I have this to salivate over.

https://youtu.be/NVzZKLTE6fE

damarble
damarble Reader
6/29/21 9:11 p.m.

Trying to contain my excitement, but I found a 46" Ford 9" housing that I'm trying to buy. I'd be on my way to get it now but I don't have a 4 wheeled vehicle at this moment... He said he'll hold it til tomorrow, so I'm hoping he's a man of his word. That should put it at 51" WMS to WMS, or 3" wider than the stock rear. Just what I need to run FWD offset wheels and push them out slightly. I was leaning towards an 8" to save some weight and parasitic loss but I can't beat this deal. It opens up a whole new world of performance goodies. 

damarble
damarble Reader
6/30/21 8:08 p.m.

Bring on the horses.

damarble
damarble Reader
7/2/21 2:59 p.m.

Finally! 

TVR Scott
7/2/21 3:09 p.m.

Sweet!