1 2 3
WaterfordMan
WaterfordMan New Reader
7/19/16 2:27 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Interested in more detail on the xj6 fan setup. May need it soon.

Once I get it. I'll take pics and let you know how well it works. On the For A Bodies Only forums a lot of people have used it, however some seem to have cooling issues. Now, I'm not sure why they have those, the large aluminum radiator I have, plus new water pump, and what not I just don't see an issue. A friend of mine has a much higher performance engine and a smaller radiator and didn't have an issue with his setup.

It's a Hayden 2765 fan clutch BTW.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/19/16 9:15 p.m.
WaterfordMan wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: Por15 Chrysler blue is some incredible stuff. Use it for the engine.
I didn't use it, but I wish I had. I spent a lot of time prepping the block only to have the spray paint I used flake off really easily.

Yes, POR15 engine paint - if applied over well prepped compondents - is some incredible stuff. Will look "wet" for a decade or more.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
7/19/16 9:15 p.m.

And stick like alimony.

WaterfordMan
WaterfordMan New Reader
7/20/16 9:09 p.m.
WaterfordMan wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: Interested in more detail on the xj6 fan setup. May need it soon.
Once I get it. I'll take pics and let you know how well it works. On the For A Bodies Only forums a lot of people have used it, however some seem to have cooling issues. Now, I'm not sure why they have those, the large aluminum radiator I have, plus new water pump, and what not I just don't see an issue. A friend of mine has a much higher performance engine and a smaller radiator and didn't have an issue with his setup. It's a Hayden 2765 fan clutch BTW.

Got the fan clutch in the mail today. Here's a quick side by side to show the difference in height.

WaterfordMan
WaterfordMan New Reader
7/20/16 9:20 p.m.

Here's some pics from AN fitting and tube bending adventures! Like I said, I actually kind of enjoyed it.

First, new fuel sending unit has a 3/8" line. My friend gave me a small piece of barbed 3/8" line which we adapted to the factory 5/16" line using an -6 to -5 AN male connector. A small piece of rubber line goes between the tank and chassis line. We tried to avoid rubber line as much as possible.

I'm really proud of the line from the pump to the carb. I had to go up and around the fuel pump, duck under the alternator, next to the water pump, and up and over to the carb.

WaterfordMan
WaterfordMan New Reader
7/20/16 9:34 p.m.

Okay, one more line bending pic. Got rid of the crazy EECS from my car so it needed a vent line.

Couple additional shots. 1st....Lokar throttle cable and kick down cable setup. It's an awesome little device that replaces a really complicated linkage that came from the factory. This was easy to get adjusted as well. I crawled under the car and pulled the kick down lever to it's max position while a buddy held the gas at wide open throttle and pulled the kick down cable, then tightened the set screw.

Locked down the over flow bottle with a couple of spacers from the hardware store.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2lGQU3srfBSyQ0xI9NQnXguZOd0WVjafzEdjGKXgvuqQpCA9OzZJ15lVWcQAK5eT