EricM
EricM UltraDork
10/22/24 7:44 p.m.

I wasn't looking for an RSX specifically.  I was going to get a front wheel drive hatch back two door for daily driver needs.  This year our youngest child took the second car with her to college.  My wife owns a blog about camping and is gone alot.  Many times I join her and work remotely.  With my recent promotion I can still work remote, but not as often as before.

I had a budget, and I was looking at Mini Coopers and Honda Civics, stuff like that.  I had posted on GRM about a beat down Mini locally and within 10 minutes of that this Acura RSX Type S literally fell in my lap.

I was contacted by someone I know who was looking to sell this and move onto something faster.  I explained that I was on a tight budget, they explained that they had already bought something else and just wanted to move the car on.  Perfect.

So, i bought an Acura RSX Type S.  2004 model year with the K20A2 motor.  Only upgrades are a touch screen stereo with new speakers and a very tasteful sub woofer (it is in the spare tire area so you cant even see it.).  It has an upgraded master and slave cylinders for the clutch along with a Acuity Short shifter kit.  It's a six speed.  It is on original struts, I am ordering Monroe replacements from Rock Auto as soon as I am done with this forum post.  It has replaced tail lights (I guess they are known to leak) and replaced headlights.  At some point in it's life it was towed behind an RV, still has the baseplate on it.  Because of that there are a fair number of small chips on the hood.

unbeknownst to me, it came with a second set of Enkei rims.  These are from 2010, and they are drilled to fit both Subaru and Honda/Acura, I think it still looks pretty good.  I had to spend some time scrubbing tire residue and oxidation off the inner lips.

It is currently on a brand new set of Michelin Cross Climate2 All Season tires.  That look to be pretty beefy.  The Enkei wheels will get performance summer only tires.

I checked cyberdrive Illinois and the Veteran vanity plates "RSXS" are available, when the title comes I will spend another 2 hours up at the DMV and swap the plates they gave me for the Vanity plates.

On to the pics:

EricM
EricM UltraDork
10/22/24 7:54 p.m.

Golly, can an Admin change the title to RSX in instead of RSC?

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/24 8:42 p.m.

That's a good looking car! congrats

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/22/24 8:48 p.m.
EricM said:

Golly, can an Admin change the title to RSX in instead of RSC?

Fixed. 

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
10/22/24 9:51 p.m.

Congrats! They're pretty cool cars. I've been casually shopping those and the EP3 Si as I plan for my next dd in ~ 12 months. You lucked out finding one that's not full of questionable mods and rust

EricM
EricM UltraDork
10/22/24 10:29 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Thanks!

EricM
EricM UltraDork
10/22/24 10:34 p.m.
adam525i said:

That's a good looking car! congrats

Thanks!

You'll need to log in to post.