1 2 3
Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/23 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

I'd absolutely choose white in this case.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
12/19/23 3:51 p.m.

I saw a current-gen Civic Si going through Boston last weekend, and I'm not entirely convinced it was a real one. It was white and had a black lip spoiler. If it was real, that's the first I've seen on the road here, and the car has supposedly been out for what, 2 model years now? I have seen WAY more Integras. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
12/24/23 7:23 p.m.

We finally got around to taking the Motocompacto out of the box tonight. Setup isn't as immediately intuitive as I had expected, but I wasn't looking at the directions either. But once you figure it out, it's fairly quick and simple. It's a pretty brilliant design. It's super easy to operate, and we spent about half an hour riding it around. In spite of the limited space, having a parked car in the way and even some icy patches, I was able to get it up to 10 mph before I ran out of space. 

This thing is an absolute riot.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
12/24/23 10:07 p.m.

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
12/25/23 12:04 a.m.

Mine is wrapped for my wife to open on Christmas morning, looking forward to trying it tomorrow. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
12/25/23 7:54 a.m.

In reply to Sonic :

She's gonna love it!

crxmike
crxmike Reader
12/25/23 9:21 a.m.

Great update! I knew the Jeep was a dud from some of your posts, but the Integra was a surprise. Good for you, sounds like it's a big upgrade and glad Violet fits too. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
1/22/24 9:39 a.m.

Help me choose some tires.

I plan to do some events up at Lime Rock this year. Not regular track days, but not really autocross either. If you're not familiar with the Lime Rock FCP autocross deal, click here:  FCP Euro Proving Grounds at Lime Rock

Basically it's 25 guys, no cones, lots of driving time over several hours. I won't be competing for anything. The goal is just to get to know the car and improve my skills.

Prep will be minimal for the Acura: I'm going to get another set of wheels and tires and probably upgrade the brake pads. That's it, because I'm hoping to use two or three different cars up there this year.

I've lost touch with tire tech, so that's why I'm looking for suggestions. The car came with 235-40-18 Continentals. I'll probably stick with the same size, but the original tires are essentially brand new and they have a 400 treadwear rating, so it doesn't make sense to destroy them on the first day out. I'll probably pick up another set of wheels (stock Civic or Acura 18s, or maybe aftermarket, don't really care) and I plan to run TPMS sensors in them. From what I understand, genuine Acura sensors are only $25 each now, so I will try to use those.

Obviously, I don't need to win any track days here, but I'd like to improve the grip, with a halfway decent lifespan.

Go!

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/22/24 11:12 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I had Dunlop Direzza's (200TW) rating on my S2000, and before that I had RE071s (also 200TW). When the time came to get new tires I asked here and was told Michelin PS4s were a great option. I was hesitant because they had a 300TW, I was surprised at how good they were, so much so that I just purchased my 3rd set for my wife's car.

So, my suggestion is to look into PS4s if they are available in that size.

Michelin thread here for reference.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/24 11:13 a.m.

I've used two tires in that size that I'd recommend. 

Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 (not the 3R). Good grip and good wear. 

Nankang CR-S V2. Really good grip and fairly good wear. 

Both of these need a little warm up. AKA They aren't AutoX tires. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/24 11:15 a.m.

IMHO the PS4S have a soft sidewall compared to the two tires I recommended. You'll need to run a lot more pressure to keep them from destroying the outside edge. 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
1/22/24 11:44 a.m.

For track only tires that you want to last it is hard to go wrong with a Hankook RS4.  We usually get 3 endurance racing weekends out of them and they never seem to heat cycle out, never chunk up, and are easy to drive.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
1/28/24 3:10 p.m.

I ended up going with the Conti Extreme Contact Sport 02.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
4/19/24 7:27 a.m.

The car still has less than 1,500 miles on it (1,486 to be exact), but I've never been a fan of black wheels, and I wanted some sticky summer tires for HPDE stuff.

It was a rainy day off, but the street sweepers have been out and it's getting warmer, so I figured that it was a good time to swap on the new wheels and tires that I bought from Tire Rack a few months ago.

I love looking at brand new brakes and suspension stuff. I still need to decide what I want to do for brake pads.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/19/24 7:57 a.m.

This car has the LSD right? I checked prices and features and other than LSD, it's basically my 23 Forte GT but $10k more. Jealous of the color, wife wouldn't let me go red. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
5/25/24 3:09 p.m.

I hadn't driven this car for a while and it was pretty dusty, so I gave it a bath this morning. This may be the first time that I've ever washed it.

As far as the owner's manual goes, the maintenance schedule is pretty much "do what the dashboard lights tell you to do". I don't know if manufacturers still use break in oil anymore or not, but I've been wondering when the first oil change would come along. I really didn't want to push the car too hard until after that first change.

Not sure if the parameters are time or distance, but when I took it out for ride, I was greeted with "Oil Life 10%". The car is just a few weeks shy of a year old, and I reached the 1,500 mile mark today, so I figured that it was time. Fortunately, it uses the same filter as all the Accords around here, and pretty much everything in the garage uses 0W-20 at this point, so I didn't even have to do any shopping.

The oil change was quick and easy and not terribly messy.

There's a tiny little engine in there somewhere. 

johndej
johndej UltraDork
5/25/24 3:34 p.m.

I've spotted a couple of these on the road so far, good looking cars!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
5/25/24 3:43 p.m.

I also ordered a pair of the Porsche GT3 brake cooling ducts from FCP Euro, but they were delivered about half an hour after I got the car down off the ramps. I'm not sure if I can make them work around the axle shafts without some serious chopping, though. I took some pictures, but I'll take a closer look next time I have the ramps out for something. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/23/24 7:46 p.m.

Road trip pending. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IXlVGJEeDEyKofuVnmjWSzE1LtbD0QJwIGbuHE8ATNVGmKjoPbFFhoSrIKnsoNiK