1 2 3 4
captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
9/30/24 12:13 p.m.

Sold the Kz400 on Sunday so I just got a good cash injection for engine donor. I did a ton more garage clean up and organization to prep for future tomfoolery. Unfortunately next weekend is going to be pretty busy so maybe at best I'll get the dry ice work done. I may have lined out a gas bottle for the MIG. Making moves!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/30/24 12:40 p.m.

Cool bike!  Whats the plan for an engine source?  JDM importer or something else?

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
9/30/24 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

When I did the k swap on my FRS I bought a running/driving TSX so I could confirm it was a decent engine. It wasn't pretty and was mostly a parts car but had a clean title. I think after selling off the chassis I only had about $800 in it. I'm considering that option again. One of the main benefits is it has everything I need that ends up nickel and diming the project. There happens to be an k24a2 block with the head off for $300 but it's 3 hours away. No intake and exhaust. No accessories. I figure by the time I put it all back together it would be easier to start with something that's ready to go. Otherwise I'd be tempted to do higher compression pistons, cams, etc. and it snowballs. I've got so much work to do on the chassis it seems silly to start down that road. I'm not against using a JDM importer and like the idea of a lower mile engine to start with.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FH5TCLoZv4X5uEPKoHB2xpQDrMHoWmFiB3J0Y7YKkJZAGOjwMeS7gOXfP6KmKlcq