1 2 3
dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/7/24 10:52 a.m.

So image upload direct from iPhone camera roll hasn't been working but if I edit the photo or a screenshot it works. So here's one edited so I can post directly to the thread. 

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/8/24 9:29 p.m.

Co-worker out at work so a couple longer days but I did get started on this. I had parted another Touareg and saved the roof rails just because I'm a bit of a car part hoarder. And took the rails off this one so I have two sets. I cleaned the roof over the weekend and started thinking how I can use the rails. Still need to figure out how to finish the roof off but I have a couple ideas brewing. 

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/16/24 9:09 a.m.

Been working on cleaning up the future bed area and trying to shorten wires. First up and easy is radio. Since it has a factory amplifier installing an aftermarket radio is a pain. Luckily some of that was done previously to bypass the amp.

Colored wires are the factory speaker wires that go all the way to the back amplifier, the the harness hacked into and the black coil run all the way back to the radio. I'm going to cut and splice the factory wires shorter. Then cut the black bundle shorter as it doesn't need that length to go back up to the radio. 

Also pulled the CD and power wires for the amplifier. Going to remove them from the fuse panel, not just cut and cap off. 

Then next will be reducing wires that go to the former rear hatch area. Third brake is moving, but latch power, glass release, rear wiper motor will all be reduced as well. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ebOPw2UPF2NCEhty774ursDCHwrPp1ahkg4L70oZBMt6xHv7AJKeSzTBB2mQmPzB