1 ... 3 4 5
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/24 10:25 p.m.

Finally got my calendar meshed with my trusted independent repair guy and retrieved the Saab this evening. Most of the clunks are gone. Time will tell if these pads make less dust than the previous ones. This service included:

• new front lower control arm assemblies
  • new outer tie rod ends
  • new rear upper lateral link bushings
  • new right rear shock and upper mount
  • new front pads and rotors
  • new rear pads and rotors
  • new Falken Sincera tires all around

AK1 drove me out in the SS and I followed her home in the Saab. 174k and counting. AK1 is a big fan of the 415 hp / manual trans combo. 3BABY9 for life!

EDIT: WTF rotated pic?!?! Is this a feature of the new server?

10/2/24 10:33 p.m.

Here i rotated the original 270° CCW and it posted in that orientation, vs the previous post it was right side up portrait style and posted with a 90° CCW rotation.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/3/24 12:31 p.m.

Falken Sincera tires....

The 201s have been my go-to for fleet Prius.  Not a high tech winter tire but a very good all-arounder.  Wear mileage has been very good on these 65k rated tires.  The 250s are rated for 75-80k.  

Smooth, quiet and remain true, wearing evenly.  I very much like them.  They used to be really inexpensive (but what is anymore?)

10/3/24 11:59 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I've got a guy at Falken, so I get a healthy discount. I drove it home about 30 miles and I can say they are quiet and seem grippy enough. AW drove the Saab to the airport today and reports "This is such a nice little car to drive." Prior to today, she had not driven the Saab since the Rowdy Audi arrived back in May.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CUR83Ap3AHIoeLrbrj9FCr7fS6SGLTkcD5HjCu4nOETBO0g21ropqhxsnkNKTMAE