1 2 3
ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/24/24 2:27 a.m.

In reply to ThePoors :

Can't figure out how to edit.... That's 40 miles ( 80 round trip)

Piguin
Piguin Reader
7/24/24 2:49 a.m.

Editing of posts has unfortunately been recently restricted to the first (5? 30?) minutes after posting.

Can make for some interesting situations, but apparently saved the moderators from a ton of spam, allowing them more focus on the forum.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/25/24 9:07 p.m.

Well, I need a new code reader. I'm getting a code for low ox on the second 02 sensor (because there is no cat); that one comes up first. This reader seems to be broken and won't switch to the second code.

The miss is intermittent and starts and stops randomly. Hopefully, figuring out the second code it's throwing will give a clue.

Blinkers are now functional. I just switched the flasher box from the four ways. Im glad it wasn't the switch.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/24 8:54 p.m.

In reply to ThePoors :

The world is small, indeed. I have new monroe S truck rear shocks but have to check if they're 2wd or 4wd 

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
7/26/24 10:39 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

The Poors needs to get to XX or XXX posts before he can edit, I believe that was the grand compromise on editing to help cut down on the canoeing berkeleyers.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/27/24 2:07 a.m.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/27/24 2:09 a.m.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
7/27/24 4:56 a.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Huh. You sir are 100% correct, my edit button is back!

I remember commenting on that as a possible solution, but somehow missed the rest of the thread. Thank you.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/28/24 11:24 p.m.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/24 9:05 a.m.
ThePoors said:

Oooh secksea!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/24 9:49 a.m.

Bravadakart!

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/29/24 12:21 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

SkartGo?

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/29/24 12:32 p.m.

Syclown

Tyclone

Syphon

Been trying to think of something clever that will fit in a liscence plate.

Hoping to keep it under 3k at race weight and about 350 HP, but, it should be fun wherever the numbers land.

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
7/29/24 1:24 p.m.

Somebody needs to get Duster in here to look at those Sawblades...

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
7/29/24 1:46 p.m.

When i daydream of building a turbo AWD 80s s-10 blazer, it will be called the "Ty-phony"

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/29/24 1:57 p.m.

Tony Angelo from Stay Tuned on YT built a "Sike-Clone" from a S10 pickup, AWD from a Astro van, and a cheap draw-through carb setup. It was was rowdy and awesome!

This could be the Ty-hoon?

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/29/24 10:39 p.m.

Wired up my tail lights today, seems my brake lights and turn signals light up at the same time, cant figure out how to make it stop doing that... but unless or until I get a ticket for it... its all good to me.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
7/30/24 12:11 a.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Those are four front Zr1 wheels. I had bought a couple of sets and sold the rear 17x11 for big money. These were just leftovers, not worth the cost of shipping to the buyers. I'm going to have to get an FMV on them, I guess. But it makes me giggle because they are ZR1 wheels. I had them on my Fiero, but I really needed 8.5 fronts for the Fiero, so these have just been sitting in the corner.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
8/1/24 12:06 p.m.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
8/1/24 12:06 p.m.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
8/1/24 12:11 p.m.

So, the failing coil burnt up the new distributor cap. I didn't even think to check it again after the coil went out.

But after elimination of every other possibility, I checked it again last night and the contacts are fried.

Runs like a champ now. Still have the CEL for the after cat 02 sensor and an exhaust leak, but those will be taken care of by the 0411 PCM swap and turbo kit.

Hope to lower it this weekend.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
8/1/24 12:11 p.m.

So, the failing coil burnt up the new distributor cap. I didn't even think to check it again after the coil went out.

But after elimination of every other possibility, I checked it again last night and the contacts are fried.

Runs like a champ now. Still have the CEL for the after cat 02 sensor and an exhaust leak, but those will be taken care of by the 0411 PCM swap and turbo kit.

Hope to lower it this weekend.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
8/1/24 12:23 p.m.

This appears to be why the radio won't work

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
8/3/24 11:41 p.m.

Today was a long week...

I was planning to go get the parts truck yesterday after work, but my rear passenger caliper was hanging up.

So when I woke up today I drove the 100+ miles each way to get the new calipers from the parts truck, there was only one rear, (supposed to be a full set) and the dude chewed me out again for not having picked it up and didn't want to let me snag anymore parts because he is afraid I will take the parts and leave the truck behind.

So, I picked up a new caliper at AutoZone on the way back and went to swap them out... Only to discover that the one I had just picked up was a driver's side in a passenger side box, I returned it, but neither of the stores near me had one, so I had to go to paw paw to get one... Uhg.

So, 4 hours into changing the rear calipers I realized that it only took 15 minutes to bleed and completely flush the passenger side and that I had just spent half an hour on the driver's side and was still getting more air than fluid.

So, I closed up the bleeder and was intending to pump the brakes to look for a leak when I realized that I had left the vacuum pump attached to the bleeder... And it was still pulling out fluid?!?

Played around with it for about another half an hour until it got dark before I gave up, guess I have to return it tomorrow. The bleeder won't close/is sucking air around the threads.

I may have to call into work on Monday and go get the parts truck (assuming another problem with the BravaDuh dose not pop up.

Dudes dad is seriously putting pressure on him to get it out, and they seem to be convinced I'm going to try to strip it and leave them with a no title, bent frame yard ornament.

I haven't got the heart to tell them that I'm fairly certain the frame is fine.. it appears that the shackles were pretty rusty and a bit thin, so when they hit the curb the shackles bent, not the frame.

ThePoors
ThePoors New Reader
8/3/24 11:41 p.m.

Today was a long week...

I was planning to go get the parts truck yesterday after work, but my rear passenger caliper was hanging up.

So when I woke up today I drove the 100+ miles each way to get the new calipers from the parts truck, there was only one rear, (supposed to be a full set) and the dude chewed me out again for not having picked it up and didn't want to let me snag anymore parts because he is afraid I will take the parts and leave the truck behind.

So, I picked up a new caliper at AutoZone on the way back and went to swap them out... Only to discover that the one I had just picked up was a driver's side in a passenger side box, I returned it, but neither of the stores near me had one, so I had to go to paw paw to get one... Uhg.

So, 4 hours into changing the rear calipers I realized that it only took 15 minutes to bleed and completely flush the passenger side and that I had just spent half an hour on the driver's side and was still getting more air than fluid.

So, I closed up the bleeder and was intending to pump the brakes to look for a leak when I realized that I had left the vacuum pump attached to the bleeder... And it was still pulling out fluid?!?

Played around with it for about another half an hour until it got dark before I gave up, guess I have to return it tomorrow. The bleeder won't close/is sucking air around the threads.

I may have to call into work on Monday and go get the parts truck (assuming another problem with the BravaDuh dose not pop up.

Dudes dad is seriously putting pressure on him to get it out, and they seem to be convinced I'm going to try to strip it and leave them with a no title, bent frame yard ornament.

I haven't got the heart to tell them that I'm fairly certain the frame is fine.. it appears that the shackles were pretty rusty and a bit thin, so when they hit the curb the shackles bent, not the frame.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZOI0w9MUmyGtXoWC7SR1O7kKqj5RfhbXev5hoItEu3mgknpckmSafTrqabuG2a6v