1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50
Powar
Powar UltraDork
7/6/23 3:25 p.m.
Patrick said:

Carli did some writing about what it's like to be married to me, apparently, and there's lots of GRM/$2000 Challenge content

https://carsandkink.com/2023/06/living-the-car-life-as-a-car-guys-wife/

That was nicely said. I enjoyed it enough to send it to my wife.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/6/23 4:46 p.m.

Thanks! 

yesterday I said farewell - kinda - to the 300zx. I sold it to a friend who is going to swap the rebuilt twin turbo engine into his n/a car. I say kinda because I told him I would be his guide on the journey of learning via his first engine swap. 

it gave me some cool parts for the Skyline, I traded its wheels for drag radials for the 57, and I still cleared a nice net profit for the play fun and a couple house payments

Patrick
7/8/23 12:25 p.m.

Just took deposit on the el camino. I have the cluster to ebay which will put me in the profit on top of free 350/th350. 

sand rail next on the chopping block. 

listed the 20's off the Q45 yesterday. Have a set of vintage Truespoke 50 spoke bolt on wires in 5x4.75 to list next. It's crazy how easy it is to clean when you have room to move and aren't just shuffling crap around other crap

Patrick
7/11/23 12:24 p.m.

it's gone. 

Patrick
10/12/23 7:11 p.m.

Decided selling the sand rail would make me sad, so I am making it go out of the way instead of totally away

I'll do some structural carpentry soon so it's not dangling there. 

saturday I'm picking up a corvette. 

driver weight loss had a little setback but I'm back on my exercise routine to make that up and then some. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/23 8:51 p.m.
Patrick said:

saturday I'm picking up a corvette. 

Wait a minute.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
10/12/23 10:10 p.m.

uh I'm cornfused it's not yu quasi MF????

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/23 10:33 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Moreso now

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/23 6:37 p.m.
759NRNG said:

uh I'm cornfused it's not yu quasi MF????

Looks like it's a...

Corvette summer

Patrick
10/14/23 12:01 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/14/23 12:55 p.m.

Looks like the weather there is as eclipse hiding as it is here.  Maximum is in 12 minutes and the skies are still opaque

Patrick
10/15/23 10:55 a.m.

Before anyone gets any ideas, the car is easily the worst corvette I've ever put my hands on. I don't need to investigate to know the birdcage and windshield frame are rotten. The engine is locked up. I did this as a favor to stampie because he needs stuff that is hopefully still mostly good on this car, and 5% of me hoped it could be a no dollar challenge start but tbh it's absolutely not worth any effort. I'm already one rotten fiberglass car deep in the project queue so a second is not smart, especially when a much better example with no engine could be 2-3k and a real starting point. 

Plans for possible challenge return of Team Alavanche after getting Warren's corolla through the event are in the works, not in a corvette

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/18/23 7:44 p.m.

finally can post this

in my Vision, there is a sliding floor like the one over the pool in It's a Wonderful Life (I think?) and you roll the patient/victim in, lift it up with a chainfall, open the floor, lower it in, then close the floor and forget about it for a week or two.  Then you open the floor and fish out all the trim and rubber bits and probably a shell of paint shaped like a car

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/23 10:24 p.m.

Sucks the engine is locked up, hopefully enough good comes out of it to make it worth the trip.

Patrick
10/19/23 8:57 p.m.

Helping stampie was worth the trip. My scrap guy may be interested in whatever is left, he told me today he has 3 c3 shells behind the garage all titled and he is looking for frames to sell them as rollers. As bad as the topside of this car is, everything I've been able to put my hands on frame wise has felt solid. Part of me wouldn't mind keeping the rolling chassis but then I just stored the sand rail on one loft. I could definitely fit it on the other especially as I get rid of more stuff and assemble more cars. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
10/19/23 9:23 p.m.

"especially as I get rid of more stuff and assemble more cars. "   Like the iconic '57 perhaps????

Patrick
11/6/23 9:37 p.m.

Nobody takes the "do not sell me any more cars" thing seriously. This is what $700 toward drywall labor got me - a package deal on an 02 A4 and an 07 Avalon. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/6/23 10:41 p.m.

Oooh.  Front drive 2.8l?

Patrick
11/7/23 8:09 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

No unfortunately awd and i think it's a 3.0. I was hoping fwd for a driveline to squirrel away for the sand rail. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/7/23 10:58 a.m.

As a winter driver, I think you will find that the Avalon is the finest fwd Buick Lesbre ever made.

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/7/23 12:30 p.m.

Was not expecting 3.0.  That is the weird engine with four cam sprockets.

When the bolts back out of a cam sprocket, it causes $6k in damage. In parts, not labor.  Fun engines

Patrick
11/7/23 10:38 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Absolutely the impression I got in the 2 miles I drove it home. I should see if MaXpeedingRods will give me a set of coilovers to stiffen it up. Wallows just like a buick. Need to title it and schedule the salvage inspection(abandoned tow lot car)

inside:

and today here's where I got to

One may notice the 2002 outback seat. The front seats are so disgusting that I decided to swap them out with the subie seats from my stash. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/8/23 3:36 a.m.

The lever on the rear bench is the reclining rear seat!

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/8/23 4:47 a.m.

This looks like the beginning of one of those detailing videos!

interesting that Subie seats bolt right up.

I have one if those ozone generator things if you want to borrow it to desmog the interior.

Patrick
11/8/23 7:16 a.m.

"Bolt right up" with some drilling and a couple brackets. They're bolted into the 2 layer factory seat mount structure. Thanks for the offer, my sister is supposed to be bringing her ozone machine today. 

just put out first cash, $10 for a charcoal cabin air filter

We had a rough few weeks and had 3 family funerals last week, so this turning into a decent winter car is a much needed W

1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zABvel3hzO3CIRrViHZqWgWwJaGIS6adjZyCBz0hAYs3Mhflc2EdgMcktppVRg7Q