Box4VIR
Box4VIR GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/17/23 6:56 p.m.

After an absolute horrible year of ownership of a 2015 Yukon I decided to go back to the basics and bought an e39 540i, (I'm convinced newer cars are incredibly well engineered to fail after their warranty period).  So far I'm two days into ownership and absolutely love this thing, its an auto which is unfortunate but with our second kid on the way it was a small concession to make for my wife (especially considering my other build thread on here...).   The big plus is it just had the chains done, the suspension fully rebuilt (full bushing kit), the trans and engine resealed among other things.  I really want to keep it stock...but man those M5 bits are starting to itch.  Its an early M-sport so it doesn't have the M-sport front bumper, so I'll probably add that, maybe some M5 wheels....and maybe some 740I sport seats which fit (I'm told), oh ya, and a second baby seat :)   That being said I'm sure my next post will be at VIR with this thing fully caged and LS swapped.  

mikeonabikesmith
mikeonabikesmith New Reader
7/17/23 7:53 p.m.

Excellent! I will be following along. At the risk of jinxing it my (and previously another GRMers) '03 540 has only broken in expected and reasonably convenient ways. 
What was unexpected is how much an aftermarket bumper and paint was, keep an eye out for vehicles being parted out if you can be patient on that front 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/23 8:05 p.m.

Juicy!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BD662468umnp8UrUyaVivL8YRW8ODBcagrsabpHRGYXBuWRcmKhYi74mOasw1zw9