1 ... 16 17 18
TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
9/30/24 6:56 p.m.

It ended up that one of the wires was disconnected from the ignition switch, it is kind of intermittent working so I am going to order a new one to eliminate potential near future issues. I was now able to link my iPad to my 123ignition and load my baseline timing curves. The fuel pump comes on and momentarily turning to start and I hear the starter solenoid  8) 

I am going to have to get a fuel pressure regulator as the pump is putting out 3.5 psi and overwhelming the float ….  :-\

I made lightweight natural fiber brackets to mount the rear license plate as I wanted to see how it was going to look ...

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
10/5/24 4:23 p.m.

Had to buy a bottle …..  ::)

Fuel pressure regulator and new ignition switch showed up ... first start next week ?!?

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/6/24 7:17 p.m.
TurboFource said:

Looks tough. Hope you leave it straight off the turbo with no muffler at least long enough for a video. laugh

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
10/7/24 6:19 a.m.

Current plan is the turbo is the muffler ......

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
10/7/24 3:19 p.m.

I started off with high hopes for the day …. But now have another quote to add to the list of murphyisms.

“You are only one chinesium part away from a bad day  >:(“.

The new fuel pressure regulator I just got would not go below 3 psi even though it is rated to produce 1 - 4 psi, I even took the adjusting screw and external spring out of it completely and wasted quite a bit of time trying to make it work to no avail…

So I thought “instead of trying to control the pressure mechanically why not bleed it off with a controlled orifice (because simplify too …).

Turns out a bypass line with a 1/16” hole produced 2 psi with one pump and 2.5 psi with the “boost” pump on also, most importantly the carb seems happy with it 8)

So remember your ABCs….. anything but chinesium!

Mezzanine
Mezzanine SuperDork
10/7/24 4:39 p.m.

Nice solution. I'm eager to hear it run. 

1 ... 16 17 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q7vyVFJbmUpeUkX7NZWIK955eR5CTibieLVPVy4mSn1Nz2Qqp2ssLq1q9N0P9Fqn