1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/22 6:29 p.m.

What you need to do with a press truck is just put the word out, and your friends will come up with things you have to do :) That's how trucks live. Maybe loan it to a landscaper for the day.

Yet another "I tried towing and it didn't go as far" article isn't really all that new. Although the Motor Trend test with the range with a loaded bed was interesting.

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/22 8:53 a.m.

I am in line for a slot in 2023 . . . I meet with the dealer on Tuesday to confirm my order (which should look like below, plus the anticipated 10k price increase).  Canada is a bit different in that we can't get the PRO model.  My build is below. The only "options" I went for are the MAX tow package (not that I imagine we will ever tow anything, but resale) and dealer installed bed liner and tonneau.

Is there anything you wish you had sprung for?

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
8/20/22 9:05 a.m.

In reply to ZOO (Forum Supporter) :

biggest thing you need is a signed purchase agreeement from your dealing stating cost. you don't want to walk into delivery day finding out you have adm on your order 

also crazy my standard range lariat was 72k..

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/22 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Norma66-Brent :

Yeah  --   the Canadian trucks are quite a bit different in their configuration -- plus the difference in our currencies.  That bigger battery pack is almost 14k . . . but I understand the winter weather means a hit on the battery.

It may be too rich for my blood, and maybe we walk out with a Maverick Hybrid.  Or a Mustang Mach-E standard range.

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/20/22 11:29 a.m.

Edit: In Canada 

As an aside on configurations in Rangers are 4WD only,  and Mavericks are 2WD Hybrid or AWD Ecoboost only there’s no FWD Ecoboost.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/22 2:12 p.m.
Rons said:

As an aside on configurations in Rangers are 4WD only,  and Mavericks are 2WD Hybrid or AWD Ecoboost only there’s no FWD Ecoboost.

Is that a Canada-specific thing? I believe in the US you could get the FWD Ecoboost combination in the Maverick.

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/20/22 2:41 p.m.

In reply to dj06482 (Forum Supporter) :

Sorry I meant to lead with Canada

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
9/13/22 10:33 p.m.

Well I have had the truck for sale for the last two weeks hoping someone with Scrooge McDuck money would buy it at a hefty mark up. that didn't happen. So back to our regular programming.

Truck is now at 1200 miles and still kicks ass

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/14/22 6:31 a.m.

If you did find a McDuck to buy it, would you have turned around and ordered another lightning? 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
9/14/22 7:52 a.m.

There's a guy in Cars&Bids buying them up at over $100k

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
9/14/22 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Wasn't one of the initial offered going to be a bed mounted generator? Thus effectively Turing it into a Hybrid?  
    That would solve problems such as the rare occasion when towing enclosed trailers is called for. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
9/14/22 12:38 p.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

Honestly would have bought a LSX for the el camino and looked for a builder truck. The truck is unreal but i don't know that i need something that nice. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
9/20/22 12:08 p.m.

first failure today. Front frunk striker bolts didnt have thread-locker. Added thread-locker to both and reinstalled. 
If your reading this Jim the warranty bill is in the mail.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
10/6/22 9:31 p.m.

i have kept one of my trips going since I bought the truck. Averaging 2.3 miles per kilowatt hour

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
10/6/22 10:06 p.m.

towed this hog today. Boats 7500 ish pounds. Didn't go far and mostly in town driving but performed unreal.

truck adjusted my ride height in the back once i used the scales to measure everything. 
truck has a built in trailer light mode were it runs through all your lights five times in a row so you can walk back and check everything like someone is helping you.

truck pulled the weight incredible. Zero hesitation or strain. It was like it wasn't back there. It pulled up a 14 percent grade like nothing. Truck ride quality was not impacted at all. 
i love this thing

FooBag (Forum Supporter)
FooBag (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/7/22 2:10 p.m.

Where in the heck is there a 14% grade in SE Iowa? laugh

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/7/22 2:16 p.m.

In reply to FooBag (Forum Supporter) :

The boat ramp.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
10/7/22 10:58 p.m.

In reply to FooBag (Forum Supporter) :

The Marina has a very steep 100 yard ramp to get down to the water

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
10/7/22 11:06 p.m.
Norma66-Brent said:

towed this hog today. Boats 7500 ish pounds. Didn't go far and mostly in town driving but performed unreal.

truck adjusted my ride height in the back once i used the scales to measure everything. 
truck has a built in trailer light mode were it runs through all your lights five times in a row so you can walk back and check everything like someone is helping you.

truck pulled the weight incredible. Zero hesitation or strain. It was like it wasn't back there. It pulled up a 14 percent grade like nothing. Truck ride quality was not impacted at all. 
i love this thing

I asked that very question. Any problems drowning the back of the truck to launch a boat?  Are the batteries that well sealed or it just doesn't matter if they get wet? 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
10/8/22 8:04 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd : I had all four tires in the water. The battery is water  tight and shouldn't cause a problem even fully submerged.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
10/8/22 9:15 a.m.

Love this^^^^^

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/8/22 2:17 p.m.

When you say "used the scales," does this truck have that ability built in, or did you have to go somewhere?

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
10/8/22 8:53 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

It has built in scales. I will get a picture of it next time I have it hooked up to something.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
10/17/22 8:45 a.m.

Pricing just dropped into estimating software.

WOOF

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
10/17/22 8:50 a.m.

The dealer I ordered my Maverick through emailed me. Someone didn't want their Lightning Lariat so they offered it to me for MSRP + 15K

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
da2xbfdRzQUCUyv6TjBiJLhHRfplXJXFDaoXOTAVW30bRAYidtktNeGpiTxCYBJ0