1 ... 120 121 122
mke
mke SuperDork
10/3/24 6:02 p.m.

I had a great idea that to create a pretty serious 66% anti-dive I could just invert the front A-arm mount.....but no

The factory mounts are 20mm offset, no way that is fitting unless I cut a chuck of frame out.  For sure 0 will fit and that will yield 34% anti-dive.  I think 10mm drop will fit and that yields 50% so 34-50 somewhere is where I'll end up.  I need to pick up some metal and longer bolts so I can get the camber I think I'm going to want.  Then I will set the roll center height with the ball joint spacer that I hope works the on the car the way it works in my head.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/24 7:03 p.m.

Thank you for the term barrel bolt.  I had been looking for them for the Mini and couldn't think of the term and ended up buying some very long coupling nuts, with the intention of chucking them up in a lathe to turn most of them round, and pressing/welding a washer to them.

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
GladlyTheCrossEyedBear GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/3/24 7:52 p.m.

Could you invert the A-arm mounts and preserve the correct offset by swapping sides...left for right and visa versa?

Or have I just had my 7th bad idea for the day?

mke
mke SuperDork
10/3/24 8:45 p.m.

In reply to GladlyTheCrossEyedBear :

Sadly all 4 front lower a-arm mounts are identical.  The rears are similar but with a much longer bolt so no way the just move things a round.  I grabbed a chuck of steel though and will whip out what I need in the coming days.

mke
mke SuperDork
10/4/24 1:35 p.m.

My dyno sold but the rollers stayed... they are free to a good home ( which is any home that isn't my shop floor).  The roller part is about 8"dia x 29" long, just over 36" overall length, bearing seem good.

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/4/24 3:31 p.m.

Ok I'm confused? How come you didn't have them take the rollers and let them dispose of them if they bought the dyno? 

mke
mke SuperDork
10/4/24 4:21 p.m.

In reply to brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) :

He would have taken them but I hoped to find them a not the scrap yard home.

mke
mke SuperDork
10/4/24 6:50 p.m.

The injectors are are there way home....out of spec.  Injector Dynamics puts them into set with under 3% total  error and these are now 5.4%.  They are also too old to get replacements for the out of spec injectors so I need to buy a new set of live with it.  For that reason they only charges me for the return shipping which was incredibly nice.  I have cylinder trim tables so with the info on the graphs I can note what cylinder what injector goes into and even them out in the trim so not the end of the world and not worth a new set just yet.  They are on their way home so I need to work fast on the suspension...my local hardware store only had 2 bolts each of the sizes I needed, need to find some more in the coming days.

Before

After

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/4/24 7:24 p.m.

On the graph chart are those 12 individual injectors they are testing?  I'm going with the 3-10 is the pulse width to replicate idle to wot? I've seen injectors flow benched before just never saw a graph for it.

1 ... 120 121 122

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4ZDb3eXVOeNM5DNtRFaCf5fyEvNdYcMVuS2MD8Lihnwh8nKLuW48mU65eB15Csmk