1 ... 122 123 124
Scott_Ales
Scott_Ales New Reader
10/15/24 3:05 p.m.

In reply to mke : 6k rpm...

mke
mke SuperDork
10/15/24 9:56 p.m.

I worked pretty hard all evening...on air duct still.  The one is cleaned up and about ready to paint.  The second really needed a lot of reshaping.  Once I got the clearance I wanted the shape just looked wrong so I worked until it mostly looked right and re-glassed it.  Tomorrow will be finish up and paint them then the MAP and I think the diode for the speedo sensor came so run is pushed to Thursday I guess.  If it you know...runs, I'm thinking next week I should fit the wheel wells.

mke
mke SuperDork
10/15/24 10:06 p.m.
Scott_Ales said:

In reply to mke : 6k rpm...

It sounds great!  where is the redline on that engine...like 7000-7500 somewhere? 

I think I saw a pic that showed aftermarket coil-overs on that car?  Have you pushed it much to get a sense of ultimate handling?

All well after the storm I hope?

I keep hoping I'll be ready to make a similar video soon......I've also been thinking about if I could install a heads up display and use the car as a driving si8mulator and just start pretending it drives :)

mke
mke SuperDork
10/16/24 10:29 p.m.

The ducts are finished but what a frikin mess I've got

Tomorrow everything finally goes back together.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
10/17/24 6:55 a.m.

That picture gives me the willys, I'm going to go mop something.

Carry on.

mke
mke SuperDork
10/17/24 9:40 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

you and me both!

mke
mke SuperDork
10/17/24 10:57 a.m.

I think it's better now, I just didn't like the ducts black.

mke
mke SuperDork
10/17/24 6:17 p.m.

The deck lid fits....as if there was ever any doubt  :D 

And the tire clearance to the ducts looks pretty good

Ad the multiMAP is repaired as only anon-electronic person could do it...wires everywhere, glue one board to the other then plasti Dip the whole thing

I think I'm about out of excuses not to try starting it again....wait, getting dark   :lol: 

mke
mke SuperDork
10/18/24 5:53 p.m.

Today it started without ether....not quickly but it started and ran well enough that I had to go into the idle settings and pull a little more timing out than I was using.... then it started running bad, like really bad cylinders coming and going..... and why is the fuel pressure reading 5psi?  Doh! its out of gas.  Its been through 10 gallons since the engine went back in  I think.

Off to the gas station, 5 more gals in, a few tweaks to the start up conditions and it started much quicker, still not right but not horrible.  Back to idle,  free reving said pull some fuel which I did...free reved better.  Took it around the block and it felt pretty good, the new side airfilter has a pronounced sucking sound in my left ear....it reved up smoothly, I pushed it to about 50kPa in first and 65kPa is second so right where the old burnout video was and nothing but grip from the new tires.  5000 rpm in 2nd is just about exactly 50mph just like the math said it should be.  The rear axle sensor was cutting in and out which was unexpected so it should be fine once I add the  zener and pull-down.  From 55 to turn into my neighborhood I did notice the force I needed to use on the brake pedal, they work fine but I need to make getting the higher friction pads a priority.  

Back into the driveway with no weirdness or issues made me think it not only needed a bath it deserved one.  After the wash it restarted, I had to rev it a little (ok, 3kish) to get all the cylinders lit but it started and drove back into the garage so I now the plugs weren't so oiled the wouildn't spark and I didn't notice it smoking at all. I'm calling today a win.

And even cleaned its bay

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
10/18/24 6:26 p.m.

Bravo!

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
10/18/24 7:02 p.m.

#winning

TurboFource
TurboFource Dork
10/18/24 8:39 p.m.