1 2
MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/18/16 9:35 p.m.

Hello,

So I went from a Focus ST to an FRS. This will be the thread I post my fun times stuff to. Stay tuned because I just purchased some goodies and will be installing in the next week or so.

Woohoo!

AntiArrhythmic
AntiArrhythmic New Reader
3/18/16 11:10 p.m.

Look forward to the build.

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/19/16 1:47 p.m.

In reply to AntiArrhythmic:

Going for a rally theme which I think will be for me and make people go why does that FRS have knobby tires. It's a two door sports car.

AntiArrhythmic
AntiArrhythmic New Reader
3/19/16 2:35 p.m.

That will be interesting. They are great little cars, I love the balance and the look. I have driven my neighbors (hard) several times and had great fun. Unfortunately I don't fit comfortably into them being 6'3" 220lbs. You should definitely get up some pics.

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/20/16 4:11 p.m.

So here she sat as I traded for her 2015 10,000 miles. On lowering springs because every kid for some reason the first thing they do to these cars is lower them. I promptly installed the stock springs to get it back to an acceptable ride height and level of comfort.

Autolex
Autolex Dork
3/21/16 1:00 p.m.

Go buy some crash bolts for it. Single best improvement for the $ with regards to front grip.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
3/21/16 3:50 p.m.

So that is what they look like clean?!

You are going to like it. I also agree on the stock springs. But then I am an old fart.

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/22/16 9:54 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: So that is what they look like clean?! You are going to like it. I also agree on the stock springs. But then I am an old fart.

Won't be clean for long. These fellas are on the way wrapped in general grabber at2 tires

And registered (wait listed) for an April 2nd rallycross.

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/26/16 7:31 p.m.

So this is what I did this weekend! Installed a 1in lift kit and some big off road tires!

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
3/26/16 7:52 p.m.

Looking good! Needs some scooby style WRC mudflaps. Could see one of those really cool light pods on the hood like the alltrac Celicas had?

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
3/26/16 8:35 p.m.

What prompted you to get rid of the FoST?

Car looks awesome!

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/26/16 10:09 p.m.
Cooper_Tired wrote: What prompted you to get rid of the FoST? Car looks awesome!

I looked at the FRS/BRZ when I bought the ST and didn't think I could justify having a two door sports car. About two months ago I made that comment to my fiancé and she responded with "if there was ever time for a car that's not practical it's now".

That was pretty much it haha then if I'm being honest I found this one and sort of impulse traded for it. Then had two weeks of crushing regret thinking I made the worst decision ever (had the flu for two weeks and took lots of robitussin which I don't think helped my thoughts).

With that being said, now I really like the car and can't believe j ever felt bad about it!

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/26/16 10:10 p.m.
84FSP wrote: Looking good! Needs some scooby style WRC mudflaps. Could see one of those really cool light pods on the hood like the alltrac Celicas had?

I've been looking at Lights haha

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
3/26/16 10:17 p.m.

What's involved with the lift?

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/27/16 4:31 a.m.
bastomatic wrote: What's involved with the lift?

it was actually pretty easy. Its just a 1in spacer on the top of the top hat and you had to press out the top hat studs so you could put longer ones in.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
3/27/16 5:22 a.m.

The girls on the FRS forum would be crying about how you ruined the cars "God given low center of gravity". (Even though I suspect a lot of them could not define what "Center of gravity" really is!

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/27/16 8:55 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

Then I look at them like this

YoloRX7
YoloRX7 New Reader
3/27/16 10:15 a.m.

Looking forward to what becomes of this ride. I love the FRS, it's a solid car. I feel it lacks some power though Any plans to step up the power?

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/27/16 11:21 a.m.
YoloRX7 wrote: Looking forward to what becomes of this ride. I love the FRS, it's a solid car. I feel it lacks some power though Any plans to step up the power?

One day. I struggle to get SWMBO to be okay with the money I spent to do this haha. We're planning a wedding for fall of 2017 so it will likely be after that at some point. I'm thinking a supercharged setup from what I've read will be best.

WaterfordMan
WaterfordMan New Reader
3/29/16 9:57 a.m.

I helped him install it and it wasn't that bad. I do like the look of the car, definitely needs a set of mud flaps, but I am considering doing something like this for my Ion. It seems like a good compromise between a low car and a CUV for these rough Michigan roads.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
3/29/16 10:14 a.m.

Where did you source the spacers from?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/29/16 12:20 p.m.
MrLittle wrote: So this is what I did this weekend! Installed a 1in lift kit and some big off road tires!

Awesome quotient off the charts

bastomatic wrote: What's involved with the lift?
bastomatic wrote: Where did you source the spacers from?

What are you planning Eric?

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
3/29/16 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/31/16 8:44 a.m.
bastomatic wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

The spacers came from subtle solutions out of Troy, Michigan.

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
3/31/16 8:51 a.m.

Just adding a before and after for documentation purposes.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yVMEFQcqluzla8I7hhmgcBa3aXaCd91IgwdJ2A8nCDQQ1bm7d21AoOERQS1HqXaC