1 2 3 4 5
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/23 11:01 a.m.
yupididit said:

The car is in its new home. 

Where are we getting our fuel lines these days? 

i bought a roll of NiCopp from amazon.  easy to form, easy to put a little flare on the end so a clamped rubber hose won't slide off.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
3/20/23 2:49 p.m.

These engines clean up easy

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/20/23 7:45 p.m.

Wow!  What a difference.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
9/2/23 5:37 p.m.

I know I'm slow but I finally have the engine out. Just need to clear the rest of the engine bay. I bought a m137 v12 to go in I just need to pick it up. Will try to buy a trans in the next few weeks.

At the pace that that I'm going it'll be a 10 year project lol

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/2/23 5:40 p.m.

Looks nice.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
9/2/23 6:13 p.m.

10 years is fine

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
9/3/23 10:43 a.m.

That sway bar location is so much more sensible than the 116/123/126

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/3/23 3:24 p.m.
yupididit said:

I know I'm slow but I finally have the engine out. Just need to clear the rest of the engine bay. I bought a m137 v12 to go in I just need to pick it up. Will try to buy a trans in the next few weeks.

At the pace that that I'm going it'll be a 10 year project lol

Well, E36 M3. Had I known you were kind of close I would have come up for the weekend to help out. I have a E36 M3ty Durango I could have easily slept in. 3 day weekends on a business trip suck. Been so bored.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
9/3/23 7:43 p.m.

In reply to buzzboy :

I noticed that too. Your friend Matt finds a way to fit the v8's into these cars. I'm not as talented as him so LET THE STRUGGLE BEGIN!

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
9/18/23 9:16 p.m.

Just picked up another m104 from a 300sl. I'm very tempted to throw this in the w108 with a turbo and 6spd manual.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
10/18/23 10:13 a.m.

Another update, more bad decisions have been made. I have a wrecked 2009 S550 parts car that will be supplying the v8, ecu, harness and pedal for the w108. I'm unsure the m273 v8 fits as well as the earlier m113. But 5.5l NA v8 is worth a try. Also, parting the rest of the car should pay for majority of this project. Now, I just need my wife to give up her winter garage space for an S-class that she'll never enjoy lol

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/18/23 10:19 a.m.

I am partial to bad decisions.

Including putting the wife's car in the snow for the winter.

Rwd4evr
Rwd4evr New Reader
11/4/23 3:58 a.m.

I dragged this car from Saginaw Michigan in a dolly to Delaware near where you bought it in I guess about early 2017. It stayed  inside my first shop and then moved into my second shop.in 2018 October. It was stored in a guys garage since I want to say like early 90s or something. He drove it for awhile after bringing it back from Germany where he was stationed. Bought a shiny parts car he stripped and started "fixing" some stuff and it never went back together. 

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
11/4/23 10:19 a.m.

In reply to Rwd4evr :

Hey, Mike told me about that. I've been following your 107 car for years now. 

Rwd4evr
Rwd4evr New Reader
11/7/23 1:46 a.m.

I tried to post a big long winded post with a bunch of details on my plans for fintail w111 w110 or w108 suspension options I've gone though a million times but it wouldn't let me post it. I sent a message but that doesn't even appear anywhere on this forum for some reason. You can email me if you like. BirchsgarageMb@gmail.com

Rwd4evr
Rwd4evr New Reader
11/7/23 2:02 a.m.

I have a bunch of fintails at this point and Ive come up with some good possible suspension plans to handle extremely well and still launch hard with possible m120 m119 or turbo m116 or m110 power.  The 107 drift car just has been something that gets a lot of my free time for the simple fact it's a riot and I can't do the things I do in it, in a car with a decent body that I care about. It's a pretty serious weapon at this point but it's still a multiple wreck survivor rusty bucket.  Building a front subframe for the w111/108 chassis with r107 geometry is a very real possibility but the front isn't that bad in a w111/108. The rear is the issue. A 107 rear swap would be cool and Is feasible but it's got its own problems geometry/adjustability wise. I keep coming back to a live axle. If that's something you would consider tI can give you details on what my plan is. 

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
11/7/23 7:46 a.m.

In reply to Rwd4evr :

Your pm goes to the email registered to your grm forum account. I read your email (rather long) and replied. That was days ago, check your spam folder. You brought up a few things that I'm very interested in discussing with you. 

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
11/7/23 8:30 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I'd be interested in what you have to discuss. I really like these Mercedes but the suspension (especially the rear) is a bit off putting 

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
4/15/24 12:23 p.m.

Ready to start mocking up the 5.4 AMG engine. Hoping I can run it off the factory ecu as a standalone with a 6speed manual. Also looking into deleting PS and SAI.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
5/28/24 12:48 a.m.

I already know this is going to kick my ass. 

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
5/28/24 6:47 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Which engine did you end up putting in there?

buzzboy
buzzboy UltraDork
5/28/24 7:59 a.m.

Fits like a bug in a rug! Glad you're doing this with the 6 speed instead of the usual 722.6

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
5/28/24 8:33 a.m.

In reply to peanutpckrupper :

5.4 v8 from an e55 AMG

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
5/28/24 8:34 a.m.

In reply to buzzboy :

The car was originally manual so I wanted to keep it this way. We'll see how this goes. Matt said I'm going to hate myself and I agree 😂

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
5/28/24 8:53 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Nice! That'll rip. If you need coding help let me know. 

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
olFglFu3VoZms3xZycyKJZls5UufdnimeFeVDu3H2LafNMYvyJdOTYgWQ3HMyIKh