Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
9/6/23 9:22 a.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

I lol'ed.

dr_strangeland
dr_strangeland GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/12/24 3:55 p.m.

I've decided I'm going to post pics of the car to inspire me. I need to go back and put together the missing pieces in this story. There's so much that I haven't talked about. 2020 was a really bad time. I didn't run any hills, almost any autocross, and it seemed like death was all around me. I kind of checked out of social media, didn't post here at all for years. My mental health really took a beating, but through it all, the car was a constant. It definitely helped me through a really difficult period. Not really what I was expecting when I got into this build so many years ago.

yurme
yurme New Reader
6/12/24 6:56 p.m.
dr_strangeland said:

2020 was a really bad time

Same, brother.  I look forward to seeing what you get into next.  I'm needing some inspiration for my own hill climb build soon!

dr_strangeland
6/12/24 6:59 p.m.

Fall 2019 at the Maryhill concours, looking uncharacteristically shiny.

dr_strangeland
6/12/24 7:12 p.m.
yurme said:
dr_strangeland said:

2020 was a really bad time

Same, brother.  I look forward to seeing what you get into next.  I'm needing some inspiration for my own hill climb build soon!

I'll just leave this here, then.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
6/12/24 9:55 p.m.

I like that you artfully cropped the portapotty out of that photo.

My advice is, as always, focus and deadlines. You've got a lot of projects up in the air. A lot of things all demanding attention at once. 

Just pick a project, pick a deadline and go.

Make the engine your winter project. Gather the parts you need now, as soon as the season is over, hit the engine hard, get it done in time for next season.

Utilize your friends. Organize a wrench day. Have a sanding party. This is how projects get done.

Good luck, you can do it.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qF37Fg8OeZmSIhLVW3rb8TeUCvYa4ghAeoqUAdxbSx3QAn18RUsQFrOiz5pBEhiR