1 2 3 4
Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
8/11/23 4:07 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Well done.  Can you summarize your thoughts on the project?  Was it worth it?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/30/23 8:13 p.m.
Indy - Guy said:

In reply to NOHOME :

Well done.  Can you summarize your thoughts on the project?  Was it worth it?

Sorry Indy, did not see your post way back when and have not visited this thread for a long time.  Just came here to drop a video that Mrs NOHOME took of the first drive around the block way back when, 

Was it worth it? Hell yeah it was worth it. Put it together for a good friend who has since been driving the rubber off the rear tires.  I myself only went around the block once and was glad that it was going home because it did not fit me ergonomically at all!  I think the car looks awesome, but not a car I want to drive.

Painted another car when I swore that I would never paint another car. Swore off car painting all over again.   Met some new people who helped me a lot with the project and  gone on to joint the shop crew. Dipped a toe into the digital world of LS engines that I would not have done otherwise. Actually building an L33 aluminum block LS  for myself for who knows what reason. Time will tell where it gets installed but I will learn something building it. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
10/30/23 10:02 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

yes yes

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/13/24 6:25 p.m.

The end of the story.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/13/24 6:28 p.m.

Oh man that sucks. Everyone ok?

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/13/24 8:48 p.m.

Hope they walked away from it.

lownslow
lownslow GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/14/24 12:01 a.m.

Bummer.  I hope that no one was hurt. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
3/14/24 9:55 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I think I speak for the entirety of GRM when I say "OUCH!!!"

Everyone is OK, right?

mechanicalmeanderings
mechanicalmeanderings Reader
3/14/24 10:03 a.m.

I hope everyone is okay, and that they enjoyed the car before it met its end!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/14/24 8:41 p.m.

In reply to all:

Believe it or not, not a scratch. Did a Mustang-show exit maneuver through a ditch, rolled and hit a tree. Everything but catch fire. Driver was ejected  and rolled to a stop unharmed. 

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/14/24 9:36 p.m.

That must've used up every bit of luck that driver stored up over a lifetime!  That's crazy, but good.  

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/15/24 8:51 a.m.

Ejected and no injuries? Amazing luck. That could have been so bad. I'm guessing this one's a write-off?

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
3/15/24 9:02 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Working in the armed forces and then as a Paramedic, I have seen far too many things to believe in random fate. If it ain't your time, it ain't your time.

Bummer about the car, though I am glad the occupant is ok.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/24 9:26 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

Ejected and no injuries? Amazing luck. That could have been so bad. I'm guessing this one's a write-off?

my crash reconstruction buddy tells me sometimes the person who is ejected is nowhere to be found, until they lift the car.  this could have been so much worse.  

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/15/24 10:22 a.m.

And on a separate note. The carcass was donated to me as a thank you for the help in building the car. How do I set a fair market value for the hulk if I decided to use the parts in a challenge build?  The engine and gearbox are a pig-in-a-poke at this point since the engine did impact the front cross-member after it met the tree. Would not be using this body/chassis, but it would be called the phoenix.

FYI the Hot Rod build was put together for a total cash outlay of only around 8k Canadian. While that did not include the chassis that rolled in the shop, it is a testament to the power of this board to make a cheapskate out of anyone who hangs around long enough.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/15/24 1:08 p.m.
NOHOME said:

And on a separate note. The carcass was donated to me as a thank you for the help in building the car. How do I set a fair market value for the hulk if I decided to use the parts in a challenge build? 

because i want to see your work up close someday, i'd be OK with you pricing it as a core engine and trans for whatever your local u-pull-it would charge, minus the cost of having to scrap a fiberglass body, plus the scrap value of bent wheels and frame. Gumby's head will explode though. ;-)

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
3/15/24 2:15 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

New sub-class: Farthest fall from grace?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fBhI9SJvaVEPa5cv7FRgTFxywQkCk2zQHp2Kq3xa9tkNoaSAIhVkCvkgPoyt5DPw