Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
4/1/19 9:12 a.m.

So first, a follow up my from my previous posts. The CRX, Caprice Wagon, and BMW were all a no go. CRX was too far, BMW wasn't what he said it was, and the Caprice sold. So after another week or so of searching, a blue miata that I had been following for a while popped up for sale again. Originally, it was for sale for $1600, and claimed it need a trunk lid, and that it was their daily driver and nothing was wrong with it. I told them I was coming to get it that next day and the person sold it when I was halfway there. Disappointed, but oh well. Fast foward to 2 weeks ago. It popped up for sale by the new owner for $3500. Me being a smartass, I messaged the dude asking why he wanted to flip it for double what he paid. After a conversation, he asked if I wanted it, and I told him that it was too expensive for me being a broke highschool student who also pays bills making $7.25. Over the course of a week, the price dwindled down to $3000. He messaged me 2 nights ago saying I could take it for $2700, still too pricey for me. Last night, he says $2300 takes it. Still more than I have. An hour later, he says I can take it for $2000. Now we're talking my price. He found some rust, which made him lower the price. I asked to see the rust, and it was floor pan rust in the passenger. Completely rotted the seat bracket for the passenger, and a few smaller holes in the floor, but the rest looked surface rust. So I made an offer of $1800 with plans to bring it down even lower in person when I see the rust for myself. Now, last night, another miata, a 1997, popped up for sale for $1500, and it has one tiny rust spot from what I can see, and needs a paintjob from faded paint. He said if it doesn't sell today, we can discuss holding it until I can get there on saturday. What do you guys think, which should I take?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/1/19 10:03 a.m.

The car with less rust. I hate rust. 

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
4/1/19 10:08 a.m.

X2 Seth - 

I will add there's always more rust than you can see, and if the PO can't wash off a Miata, what else did they neglect?

other deal killers are big accident damage, major systems malfunctions, not clear paperwork.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k5qx4VY7kG1o6nFgtycnlj22DZyPPVpBtSZwebdbOCiqFXEN62tir9DHNLkNQGUi