1 ... 11 12 13 14
Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/28/24 1:27 a.m.

pressed in 1310 joints

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/28/24 1:43 a.m.

oh yes. my current ride..14 fusion..2.0 vep engine.. has ovs installed so clean valves...se with lux package..18 inch wheels 235/45/18 goodyear LS euro tires,, set to 36 psi..

sway bars uprated to the bars from a ford fusion energy ( cheaper than steedas and the same size )

adjustable dampners,and coil overs...NOT SLAMMED as lots of folks ' advise' lowered only 25 mm.. poly bushing on the bars.

. a slight tune and extentions on the paddles behind the steering wheel.

upgraded to the titaium rear lights, much nicer,look to the car

bought it when i worked for ford , from a dist. rep..

change the oil  every 6000 miles,, trans oil 4 quarts every 36000 miles..brake fluid every year..spark plugs every other year

..fun car to drive,, esp. on the twistys in sport and using the paddles.. like to hunt those pesky german cars on those roads

.. on the freeway in cruise control at 70 mph,,i recive 35 /36 mpg..

. great car.. to bad ford got stupid and dropped this car.i would buy a new one... 194000 miles on it.. very little if any oil usage..

Piguin
Piguin Reader
8/28/24 8:03 p.m.

Glad you are recovering well!

And so happy I finally discovered this thread, think I had clicked on it a few times in the past but the first posts had me think it was an abandoned project. Boy was I missing out. Great work, can't wait to see more!

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/28/24 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

thank you

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/29/24 7:45 p.m.

2,4 liter intake manifold.. it fit the 2.2 engine, but proven better flow.. still retain the 2.2 TB but with a spacer formCBM motor sports

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/29/24 10:19 p.m.

car safely in the air..using astroturf for ground cover, and 12x12x1 wood plates with steel straps on the bottom to support the jack stands

Mezzanine
Mezzanine SuperDork
8/29/24 11:52 p.m.

LOVE seeing the car as it sits today. I'm daydreaming about you terrorizing the streets of wherever you live with it looking just like that. A dirty little rat of an Italian convertible, with a modern engine surprise under the hood. Looks amazing. The jack and stands bases look like a good solution. Nobody likes operating those on dirt. 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/30/24 7:48 p.m.

having trouble with the header( lower ) merge pipe, so home depot abs pipes,, some tape and a sharpy, and some cutting,, close enough right now,, will be at the car sat morning, for fitting   

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
8/30/24 10:30 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

and with about 200 ish hp and tq,, she should be fast.. but the part i like,, the org. spider got 26 mpg.. the engine i pulled out and rebuilt out od a 2007 chevy caviler got 36/38 mpg,, and now this engine will be in a car that weighes 400/500 pounds less.. so my 10 gallon tank, i will go father,, and still have great performance

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/4/24 12:30 a.m.

Made a stencil to get the curves and size right,I don't have enough room to mess up( I am on my 3 try, and the welds look ugly, after I made the stencil I thought that 2 inch tubes would be great, went down to rod store and looked at all the U bends exhaust tubing,tried 2 inch, close, then I tried 1 7/8 tubing and it was a perfect fit to my stencil the curves match perfectly 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/4/24 12:32 a.m.

Worked on rear brembo/boxster caliper mounts,.the work, now to remove a lot of aluminum to make them lighter 

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/4/24 5:55 p.m.

Looking good and love the progress.

I have to admit I thought the rear light holes were a bit too close to the edges to look right, but I am glad I was wrong - the picture with the rear lights 'in' was simply perfect.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/4/24 10:26 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

I measured a Ferrari 328 rear end to get the settings for the rear lamps mounting, I had to do some math to get the ratio correct,as the Ferrari is wider, but thank you 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/4/24 10:40 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

Perhaps you can help me on this should I make them flush with the body or standing off the body,as Ferrari does, thank you 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
9/5/24 8:22 a.m.

In reply to Alfaromeoguy :

I needed a jack board like that back when I was racing and we paddocked on grass. Well done. I also like the "rat rod" idea on a foreign car. Tail lights look fine as they are.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/5/24 4:08 p.m.

In reply to Alfaromeoguy :

I would go with the Ferrari way. I think it suits the classic lines of the spider so much better.

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/5/24 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

Thank you 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/6/24 2:23 a.m.

Should clear,will know Saturday 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/10/24 6:31 p.m.

Off the car test fit, super close, will refit to spider tomorrow morning 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/11/24 6:26 p.m.

90 degrees off,for measurements and to center the caliper over the disk

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/12/24 10:01 p.m.

Now to make wood buck to hold the collector tubing in place while I make,spot weld, the tubes together.i will add some steel exhaust tubing into the wood to stabilize the collector tubing 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/15/24 9:37 p.m.

Front vented disks and Porsche boxster calipers are done as are the rear ones ,all 12

19 vented disks, two part, hat Plus rotors, and boxster master brake cly 

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/15/24 9:38 p.m.

And I did maintain the parking brake 

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/16/24 4:04 p.m.

Nice!

What is next? How is the list for the first drive looking?

Alfaromeoguy
Alfaromeoguy HalfDork
9/16/24 10:53 p.m.

In reply to Piguin :

The collector under the header,........ again 

1 ... 11 12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
goTQvrpIDjmOnzysDlXvsF6msWuCiEfoPpMQNtHky8OH4l8u0Hpqsokb4zz0Nu4d