1 2 3
1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
3/19/23 6:28 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

My instructor builds a couple boats a year so he has a mold. 

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
3/19/23 8:33 a.m.

It's been released ! 

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
3/22/23 7:24 a.m.

Completely transforms the look of the boat. Can't wait to get it trimmed and glued down. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/22/23 12:03 p.m.

Looks fantastic!

This thread gives me evil thoughts!

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
3/22/23 1:06 p.m.
SV reX said:

Looks fantastic!

This thread gives me evil thoughts!

Come on in the water is nice. 

In all seriousness they are really just a great tool for turning an afternoon on the beach into a series of great stories. Which for me is great because I love the water but hate just being by the water with nothing to do. 

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
3/22/23 3:16 p.m.

Let the record show, I did break a bit of a thing. Luckly it will be covered by the new cowl and some fiberglass. The whole flange on the deck where the old plexiglas front mounted has now been sanded flush. 

null

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
3/22/23 8:18 p.m.

Back to tools I’m more comfortable with. Sanded down the remainder of the raised section that was used to mount the plexiglass with a grinder and flap wheel. With it sanded down another test fit convinced me that the new cowl will cover the damage once cleaned up and sealed. 

GaryC83
GaryC83 Reader
8/7/23 6:07 p.m.

OK. I have to admit now I am HOOKED. Did the racer school...and man. What an absolute blast.  I am going to be getting a boat doing either 300 SS or C Stock. Just have to look at the race schedules and see where I can run closer to home. But man...what a great time. 

Thanks again for the info and inspiration. Such a neat feeling and totally different than anything I'd ever done, prior, motorsports wise. 

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
8/11/23 8:03 a.m.

In reply to GaryC83 :

As I've stated before it's a really unique driver experience, very challenging and very fun to get good at it. Don't even get me started on the clock starts!

This boat was tested Tuesday night. Set up for a rookie , should do about 50mph and be safe while doing it.

Ever get the feeling you might be dealing with a closet AMC fan? 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bUHmpMfGUM3hBK1UM3hE3DGPo5mcTgf8gX34VZlCH6ZTwtydFmLO5drzFlm2ELVK