1 2
Skervey
Skervey Reader
8/9/16 9:01 a.m.

Ya killer photos and sweet project. Kinda wish I had a slower fun car to rip around in. What is to come of the little civic?

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
8/9/16 9:48 p.m.
Skervey wrote: Ya killer photos and sweet project. Kinda wish I had a slower fun car to rip around in. What is to come of the little civic?

Drive it til the wheels fall off. Put them back on, and drive it some more.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/9/16 10:00 p.m.

Finally watched your video. That sounds great! And looks like a blast. Was that video shot at Gingerman? I recognized the layout and spotted the couple of places I've gone off track there. ;)

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
8/11/16 12:36 p.m.
dculberson wrote: Finally watched your video. That sounds great! And looks like a blast. Was that video shot at Gingerman? I recognized the layout and spotted the couple of places I've gone off track there. ;)

Yessir!

I just had another track night last night.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KLIE8fctSA8

It was the little honda that could. Playing with Z06 vettes, mustangs, and some porsches last night. It was a ton of fun.

AntiArrhythmic
AntiArrhythmic Reader
8/11/16 8:27 p.m.

In reply to Skervey:

I don't know if I would call a stripped EF with a B18C5 "slower". Although his is set up for road course I bet it would run low 13's in the quarter mile.

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
8/11/16 10:14 p.m.
AntiArrhythmic wrote: In reply to Skervey: I don't know if I would call a stripped EF with a B18C5 "slower". Although his is set up for road course I bet it would run low 13's in the quarter mile.

Ha it's just a little civic. I had some dudes coming up to me at the track asking me what I had in this thing, and why they couldn't hang. I always tell people there is no replacement for a light car. Even if it's from a pure driving enjoyment, or just wanting to haul ass. A heavy car will always hinder you in one way or another.

If I ever went a different direction I could only see myself building a miata. But I am thrilled with how thing thing runs around the track.

Jayisacarguy
Jayisacarguy New Reader
8/12/16 8:22 p.m.

That engine sounds pretty healthy. Looks like a fun project, good job on saving it too!

solfly
solfly HalfDork
8/13/16 8:07 a.m.

where did you get the bumper hanger things?

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
8/13/16 2:25 p.m.

amazon! https://www.amazon.com/Dewhel-Universal-Release-Fastener-Bumper/dp/B00M2KS396/ref=pd_sim_263_7?ie=UTF8&dpID=51IWPB03JRL&dpSrc=sims&preST=AC_UL160_SR160%2C160&psc=1&refRID=KZJQ02KNM94WN0VFQ3EB

They are great for taking the front bumper off. I honestly don't need them for the back. I will probably do something else for back there.

B13Birk
B13Birk GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/9/17 9:13 p.m.

Love this build super cool. Im in the process of building a cheap track rat as well. I snagged a set of the pirelli p zero trofeo r on closeout from tire rack. I have never run them before. Hoping to soon. What has your expierence been with that tire? 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3FwhJON2ZNEfSkSAA8VMksNj4OHFp9ExQYEN3hbGg7lYD3Vn3AgGIDYnbMceaSCI