1 ... 4 5 6
Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/3/22 11:03 a.m.

Very cool . I'm sad I didn't get to spend more time looking at it at the challenge.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/29/23 9:04 a.m.

How in the heck have I managed to miss this??

Super cool!  I'll need to do more reading later!!

Sailorman
Sailorman New Reader
9/23/23 2:44 p.m.

Aha! You didn't know the address of your forum thread, Purple Frog, but a little web searching turned it up! Oh, yeah, I just saw the video on YouTube, thanks to the Almighty Algorithm. Very cool! 

Took the Outlaw Bug over to Pensacola for the "Rare Air VW Show" yesterday.    Wow! over 200 unicorns in the same parking lot.  A semi-serious gathering of the clan.   It's now the time of the year around here when its comfy to drive non-air conditioned cars.  

Some folks are better at bodywork than me.  wink

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/16/24 9:49 a.m.

I don't know how I missed this thread too but WOW what a build. Outstanding work.

Purple Frog
Purple Frog GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/27/24 9:55 a.m.

5 years later and still a thrill to drive.  

Home again after a morning blast through the Red Hills of North Florida.

Gratuitous self-serving bump of old thread.  wink

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/27/24 1:24 p.m.

Home again after a morning blast through the Red Hills of North Florida.

Florida has hills?  

Purple Frog
5/27/24 1:43 p.m.

Heck, the shop is 176 feet above sea level.  wink   Some serious elevation change up here near the Georgia/Alabama line.  smiley

Purple Frog
10/13/24 10:42 a.m.

Ever notice there are not a lot of posts about cruising in the Outlaw Bug during the summer months?  wink  

Yesterday was a picture perfect North Florida autumn day.  Took the beast on a long drive through the Red Hills countryside.   Attended a fall car show with about 400 other cars (lots of spectators).  Cruised home in the spectacular sunset.  Sunroof open, windows open, exhaust echoing off the tree canopy, and a little warmth from the engine 6 inches behind me all felt good.

So... the point of this post?   Just the great feeling one gets actually cruising around, sometimes a bit sportingly, in a car one has built from the ground up.   Reinforces the thought that these cars need to be driven not parked.  In this case the juice was worth to squeeze.

A positive reassurance after weeks of hurricanes and such.

Now, back to your regularly schedule broadcast.   

SkinnyG
SkinnyG PowerDork
10/13/24 12:19 p.m.

I completely agree!  Huge smiles always!

Pics?

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IxzNXCslcamFa4VsYJUyRz5gfDBmd3esmQqoK4QeWnk56hz6SigVb9jsLtLl4eld