Man that really turned out great.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/22/15 7:24 a.m.

This came out really, really well!

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
11/22/15 3:43 p.m.

Just about finished up today, which is good since shes coming to visit wednesday so I wont be working on it the rest of the week. We'll be giving it back on her birthday on the 5th.

Got the giraffe print on the drivers side, took much more care with the orientation on this side and it looks a lot better, not quite enough to make me want to peel everything off the passenger side and start over, but almost.

Her little brother really wanted to play a part in it so I asked his mom to have him draw her a giraffe, I then digitized it and cut it to replace the Kermit on the hood. The kid is little, give him a break, it will be special to her.

The rest was clean clean clean. A teen girl sure can trash the interior of a car, it was gross.

Much better now though, I need to get some leather dressing for the seats

And I took all the things I found shoved under and behind the seats and put them in the storage bin in the tailgate. I don't think she knew that was there.

Waiting on an ebay auction to end on a stock radio to replace the one in the car which is a bit wonky and that should about wrap it up.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
11/22/15 7:54 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:

The Cheat!

This makes me want one of these, no good can come of that.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/15 8:10 p.m.

That was a really cool project!

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/22/15 8:20 p.m.

That graphic is awesome!

java230
java230 Reader
11/23/15 10:57 a.m.

A plunger?

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
11/23/15 12:17 p.m.
java230 wrote: A plunger?

Yeah, I gotta ask about that myself...although I suspect it has something to do with college theater group or something....

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Dork
12/2/15 6:58 p.m.

The car looks terrific, but that giraffe drawing is WONDERFUL ! !

Just love how he caught the most recognizable aspects, those "horns" kill me, obviously very important to him ! !

I have a drawing of a penguin that my nephew did somewhere around here, gotta dig it out and have it printed up for the MGA.

Totally stealing your cool idea . . . . ! !

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/2/15 7:07 p.m.

That giraffe reminds me of the monster on the zippo we all carried as avatars for a while. I may shanghai this one for the same purpose. Its amazing.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/15 7:07 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
Yeah, I gotta ask about that myself...although I suspect it has something to do with college theater group or something....

Pulls out the minor dents so dad doesn't see them.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
12/2/15 7:33 p.m.
Wall-e wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

Plastic body panels, no dents :) Turns out it was part of a Dalek costume

java230
java230 Reader
12/3/15 10:39 a.m.
JThw8 wrote:
Wall-e wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
Plastic body panels, no dents :) Turns out it was part of a Dalek costume

I had to google.... OK I guess that makes sense... And its always there if needed right?!

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
12/6/15 10:23 a.m.

Had to share....this is the look when a small child realizes his art is now the hood ornament on his sister's car.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Dork
12/6/15 11:03 a.m.

Straighten out that front plate ! ! !

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/6/15 12:26 p.m.

Awesome!

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
12/6/15 12:46 p.m.

In reply to TeamEvil:

Don't do it! Once it's perfect it will only get wrecked again! A bent license plate is like a magic amulet to ward off evil cars' intentions.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
12/6/15 1:07 p.m.
TeamEvil wrote: Straighten out that front plate ! ! !

I did straighten it out, any more fiddling with it and it will split in half, the metal was very mangled and weakened in the accident.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/15 7:14 p.m.

At the body shop we used to put the clean rear plate on the front and put the bent front plate in a frame and stick it on the back.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aZZr6wXnAyyNz5074KRnfOiXbj8wLLdE7l9gPrH8zOajzF1NkxaqKKg0QgH0OQ9M