MiB0602
MiB0602
5/30/20 9:53 p.m.

I'm about to try and fulfill a lifelong dream of getting an old truck and stripping her down and rebuilding her from the ground up. With that being said, anyone know where I can get an old truck 1970-1990 real cheap in the Norfolk, VA area? 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
5/30/20 9:54 p.m.

Craigslist is always a possibility, of course.

Get on FB and see if you can get ahold of a military member that is PCSing?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/30/20 10:23 p.m.

I'd head out into the country a little and look for what I call an unloved vehicle.  If you can explain that you want something to fix and restore yourself you might pull enough heart strings to get it cheap.

MiB0602
MiB0602 New Reader
5/31/20 7:29 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Craigslist is surprisingly empty of good possibilities. Everything is too new. I know, when do you say that when looking for a truck lol. Yeah, I'll have to see if any of my shipmates got an old truck they're looking to get rid of. 

MiB0602
MiB0602 New Reader
5/31/20 7:30 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Yeah, maybe I'll have to resort to find an old barn find. Not looking good for any other avenue I've explored so far. Who knew it would be so hard to find an old truck? When I was a kid they were EVERYWHERE! lol

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
5/31/20 9:41 p.m.

Like all things in life, if you are looking for something, mention it to anyone who gets within earshot and have $$$ ready.Somebody will know somebody who knows of a project.

Easiest way to find project vehicles is to have too many to start with, 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dSyW7F5lxWWXIHEawqbpwRlmDj47RvOZX2fcmhc3DQmsvD1RzEoQYCLZxXnbCHrI