1 2
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/23/15 10:42 a.m.

I never realized RC had gotten so cheap. My RC10 Team Car was $300 used. I saw one of these on eBay,with no battery for $100!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/23/15 11:16 a.m.

Rc is cheap at the door but damned if it doesn't trick you.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/23/15 11:27 a.m.

I probably had over a grand in my RC10T setup with everything. The fact you can get a running car you can go out and have a good time with that won't tear up after 20 minutes of use for under a $100 bucks is amazing.

Racing is racing. You can dump a ton if you want, but odds are, you get schooled by the kid with the out of the box car.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/23/15 3:58 p.m.

Cant nothing replace a driver, that's for sure. I can't drive for E36 M3, but i'm creative, and as they say about age and treachery.....

Also, keep an eye out. I'm probably doing this to a t4 soonish. I was at the LHS and made some interesting comparisons.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/23/15 7:00 p.m.

the fleet! With the addition of the running 18mt that makes 3 brush less runners I have. From left to right rc18mt. Mostly stock- except castle mamba micro pro+6800kv+2s lipo. Its..... Quick. In the middle, you all know that truck. It started this thread. It will be wearing sidewinder sct+3800kv this time next week. The one on the right is a special critter. That is my drift car. It started life as a tbo3 nsx kit. Next owner threw a sv2 and a 5700 kV at it and went drifting. He kept breaking E36 M3, so he kept upgrading. He gave up, and I got his whole setup for cheap. I found out why he kept breaking E36 M3- he's a terrible builder. Stripped screws, bent hinges and all kinds of fun. I fought the chassis for a bit and said eff it. Ordered an eagle racing grt v2 cf drift chassis from Japan. Uses certain tb03 parts, converts to a vdf. Stripped what I needed off the tb93 and there the tub out. After figuring out how to build the damn thing by picture (instructions were in Japanese.....) And making a few mods to stuff giant hardcase lipos in it, we went sliding.

Not pictured are my sons t4 rs and my t4 factory team. I'm 90% sure I can convert a t4 to an sc10 with like.... Two parts. It may well happen. I'll be inheriting a another t4, a rc10gt, and possibly 3 tamiya tt01s soon. So there ya go.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/24/15 6:42 p.m.

Confirmed. The only difference between an SC10 (Short course associated) and a t4 is the pan. Off to eBay to source a lightly used SC10 pan. God I love online catalogs.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JVaLhDpn8I4QQCNoKp6UEDkNeg0AxXQTOz2L7jfmMG4xjvhnNDKPxsNcU8uxPv2b