1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/23 7:32 p.m.

In reply to iammclovin804 :

How much did you space the flywheel, and did that affect the clutch take-up?

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
1/18/23 7:35 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

I don't know the exact measurement, but it's like the thickness of 2 nickels. Feels exactly the same as the GLK. The stock flex plate uses 2 spacers and I just used the thicker one of those. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/23 7:36 p.m.

Interesting. Thanks!

xjhigg
xjhigg
2/13/23 4:13 p.m.

Little late here, but add me to the list of those in awe. Seriously cool stuff here, and love that you didn't stop at the 6 speed swap. Did you end up selling it?

Ajax2029
Ajax2029 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/14/23 10:35 a.m.

In reply to Parker with too many Projects :

Somehow I got in my own GLK rabbit hole, and discovered that the X-class trucks had a 6 speed manual with 4wd mated behind the M274 or the OM699, which could be interesting. The real issue seems to be finding any actual parts from an X-class, considering they were only produced for 2 years.

*EDIT. the X-class was a Nissan Navara, and it seems to be easier to find those transmissions. No clue if the engines were just Nissan engines Mercedes-numbered or not, but the engine bays look identical. Hopefully the bellhousing is similar for 4wd GLK owners

This info has me looking into the possibility of OM642-swapping my 09 6sp 4x4 Frontier in the future.

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
3/21/23 11:59 a.m.

In reply to xjhigg :

Nope I still have it and drive it regularly along with the E550. 

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
6/11/23 2:31 p.m.

Finally decided to take care of a power steering leak I've had since I did the swap. 

The reservoir cracked when I removed it from the V6 and my attempt to epoxy it wasn't successful. Picked up a replacement reservoir from the junkyard and it was a quick swap. 

With the V8 I have to remove the radiator fans to work on the accessories, but it isn't that difficult. 

I also pulled the exhaust from the GLK there as well as a C class. I'm going back to mostly stock with an H pipe in place of the suitcase resonator. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/11/23 4:47 p.m.

I still need to drive this

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
6/13/23 2:08 p.m.
yupididit said:

I'm down in Chester now just a little ways off 95, if you're heading south hit me up! 

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
6/13/23 2:10 p.m.

Cleaning up the old automatic wiring, such a blast. 

I lost cruise control when I did the manual swap last year, pulling all of the automatic wiring is step 1 in me trying to get that back. Next step will be properly integrating the clutch pedal switches. I've ran the wiring to the engine ECU but it's behaving as though the clutch is depressed constantly. Back to google I go. 

yupididit
6/13/23 3:46 p.m.
iammclovin804 said:
yupididit said:

I'm down in Chester now just a little ways off 95, if you're heading south hit me up! 

I have family in Chester.  I'll be coming through in the next few months.

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
6/17/23 9:21 a.m.

Back to being whisper quiet. 

On the electronics front, I don't believe I'll be able to integrate the clutch switch with the m273 ECU.

I've gotten OEM wiring diagrams from a few different models with the M273 and though they all show the S40/3 clutch switch wiring directly into pin 26 the ECU doesn't make note of any input on that pin. I might buy a W204 ME97 to test the input on pin 26, but I might just leave well enough alone. 

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
6/23/23 3:29 p.m.

I grabbed a W204 ECU to compare to my 273 ECU. 

Here's my 273 ECU

That line of pads in the middle all go to pin 26 which is supposed to take the clutch switch input. 

Heres the W204 ECU

It's populated! 

I took those fuses(?) off and soldered them onto my ECU but there was no change in behavior. I'm not really trying to spend another $700ish on an ECU just to find out I'll have the same problem so looks like I'm stuck with a 5500 RPM rev limit and no cruise control.

Oh well, it's still a blast to drive. 

yupididit
6/23/23 4:43 p.m.

Have you tried hitting up Mercedesswapshop? He might be able to help. Good people and very knowledgeable. 

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
6/23/23 4:52 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Yeah I messaged him the other day. He looked over my coding and saw that was all fine. Asked if they had any known good ME97 ECUs and they don't.

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
9/4/23 12:52 p.m.

Found a GLK in the junkyard here with heated seats so I pulled them and all the wiring to swap in.

Not really much to the process. There's 3 wires for the switches, power + canbus go to the front SAM (fuse box) and ground goes to any ground. 

Each seat has a power + ground wire. The power wires are ran to the rear SAM and ground to any ground. 

Now I have heated seats!

yupididit
9/4/23 4:33 p.m.

In reply to peanutpckrupper :

Did you make a new account? Lol

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
9/4/23 5:38 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Just changed my display name. That old one was a relic of my middle school days 

yupididit
9/7/23 6:51 a.m.

Any of those junkyards have v12 cars? 

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
9/7/23 7:16 a.m.

Na they never get anything real cool in for Mercedes

yupididit
9/14/23 7:39 a.m.

Create some how-to's on mhh because I'm not finding them lol

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
9/15/23 6:14 a.m.
yupididit said:

Create some how-to's on mhh because I'm not finding them lol

That site is absolutely useless unless you want to pay people to change simple variant coding. 

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
9/27/23 10:37 a.m.

Still trying to find an exhaust setup that I like on this car. 

This is with stock mufflers and nothing else. It has a nice tone but I want a little more volume. 

https://youtu.be/Yg4WWN0JbC0?si=hYpi44EbbbupnGXn

peanutpckrupper
peanutpckrupper Reader
11/4/23 3:11 p.m.

W221 Brembo brakes installed. The pedal feels more firm, but I'm sure this was a purely cosmetic modification. 

​​​​​​

yupididit
11/5/23 3:03 p.m.

Wring it out lol

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xB6aaySdPd2jRUgfSWFnHMimgr3uzj2F9nXKK28CHr4bAU0UHQUdTtF36zvqvIl6