chpjr New Reader
11/11/20 8:01 p.m.

chpjr
chpjr New Reader
11/11/20 8:03 p.m.

chpjr
chpjr New Reader
11/11/20 8:06 p.m.

There are couple of more that I didn't post, but you can see where is surface rust on the bottom.  If you want any additional pictures, I can certainly get those.

chpjr
chpjr New Reader
6/18/21 8:28 a.m.

Giving this a bump for another try.  Decent starting point for a project.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
6/18/21 10:00 a.m.

I'm not a player, but has anybody done a manual transmission conversion for the V12?  I guess in a cruiser, it wouldn't be all that desirable.  

chpjr
chpjr New Reader
6/18/21 10:43 a.m.

It's been done.  That would be a nice upgrade, in my opinion.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
6/19/21 11:00 a.m.

In reply to chpjr :

As a race car those will be fine. Just patch up any holes. You won't be using the trailing arms that way anyway.   oops.! Those trailing arms look OK for the street. 
    The chassis strength is mainly in the rocker panels.  From what I see if you scrape off the undercoating that should give you a fairly decent floor. 
  For a restoration project buy a rust free chassis.  Even up here in the rust belt the Jaguar was often so revered the owners didn't drive them in the winter.  The rusty ones are a good parts source.  
   Chances are excellent the engine is fine. The problem likely is in the EFI. Or  the GM ignition module under the plastic Lucas cover. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
6/19/21 11:04 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

It's almost a bolt in.  Well you've got to pull the GM Turbo 400 tranny out first and then buy a flywheel instead of the torque converter.  Only one part to fabricate and it's simple 

chpjr
chpjr New Reader
9/22/24 9:22 p.m.

Bumping this.  I tried ot sell it a few years ago, then put it on the back burner.  Renewing my effort to sell it. $2400.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YxFaLyezybOfESTfY2OJn8iupFaZjbDsxEVtHfZ7rLl1AbSNnOkcYciMl5TsD3Ci