Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/10/23 3:20 p.m.

1991 Mazda Miata *SOLD*

Car Information
Year:                   1991
Type:                  Mazda Miata
Transmission:   5-Speed Manual
Exterior color:  Yellow (Repainted over factory red)
Interior color:   Black
Odometer:       Approx. 164,000
VIN:                   JM1NA3512M1240947
Price:                ​​SOLD

Photo Album
Google photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7mSkbv6Nc9t2w91S8

Seller Information
Dealer or Private:  Private

Details
I found this car a few years back as a failed father-son project and brought it back to life.  This is a good driver quality Miata, not a racecar and not a show car.  It was originally red and you can see some edges where the red shows, the color pops on camera and hides some of it.  They did however paint the underside of the hood, trunk, and doorjambs.  Plenty of  maintenance was done over the course of my ownership: deep cleaning, timing belt and water pump, exedy clutch, clutch hydraulics, full set of coolant hoses, fresh seals, battery etc. 

I've taken it to the finger lakes and back for a road trip and the car ran great, its like driving a happy puppy.  Its amazingly rust free for a Pennsylvania car, one small spot on the passenger rocker but the underside looks great.  I think it even has the original exhaust system.  I did disable the airbag, I think one of the controllers needs replaced or repaired and I saved all the parts.  The dash, gauge hood, and tombstone around the radio are all in good condition.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/10/23 8:46 p.m.

This is going to look like a real bargain in a few more years.  If you want a Miata to drive and enjoy, it's going to get a lot harder to find them.  This should move quickly now that spring is here. 

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa Reader
4/11/23 11:11 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

This is going to look like a real bargain in a few more years.  If you want a Miata to drive and enjoy, it's going to get a lot harder to find them.  This should move quickly now that spring is here. 

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa Reader
4/11/23 11:13 a.m.

+ 1,000. Another plus is that this vehicle is safely in long-nose crank territory.

saruken
saruken Reader
4/12/23 8:25 a.m.

Man I wish this had found me at a different time. Fantastic, unmolested NA.

Can't tell you how much I want to tank other priorities to get this thing down to Tennessee. I don't suppose you'd take a partial trade on an old Saa haha

4/14/23 2:40 p.m.

Thanks for the comments guys.  This is Miata #4 for me so I don't think it'll be too long until I'm back in the club, just want to try a different flavor.  

Old Saab?  Like 2-stroke old?...

garaithon
garaithon Reader
4/15/23 9:54 p.m.

Any interest in trading for my LS and manual swapped Roadmaster wagon?

4/17/23 11:50 a.m.
garaithon said:

Any interest in trading for my LS and manual swapped Roadmaster wagon?

I've had a few big tanks like that but I'm not looking for one at the moment.  

4/21/23 10:28 p.m.

Price edited.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CqDFmEOIRR2Pec7Zw4ZOGipzrNS0d5FZIEJt7NQmVr7DUfKgBVKOsZLLGLLBC6Py